Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Post the snaps you made while out hiking - any size forms is at will do. This snap was taken in Patagonia's Torre del Paine National Park while hiking to the Grey Glacier:

Pentax K1000.

Thomas

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Terminal Moraine, Blue Lake Cirque
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.5cm X 21.4cm, from a Kodak Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 360mm f6.3 lens The larger rocks in this boulder field are the size of a double-decker bus. Glacial ice moved them easily. Walking through this area is not so easy.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

These are some previously posted images taken while backpacking.
    1) My shadow and Western Juniper on Shell Mountain on my 60th birthday (Rolleicord, platinum/palladium print)
    2) Looking up Redwood Creek (5x7, negative scan and inversed in PhotoShop)
    3) Mistaking the Map for the Territory, from on top of Sentinel Dome (4x5, 16x20 Silver Gelatin Print). One can backpack here when Glacier Point Road is closed.
    4) Redwood, Dolason Creek, Redwood National Park (4x5 Carbon Print)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShadSelfPortrait_ShellMtn.jpg   RedwoodCreek.jpg   Mistaking the Map for the Territory, YNP_16x20.jpg   1McDonald Creek.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

And some general photos of me hiking and/or backpacking:
    1) Many years ago -- in my lederhosen in the North Cascades...Glacier Peak in the back. Pre-photo days...wish I still had those monster legs!
    2) Day-hiking with my boys and the 8x10 above Yosemite Valley (to an unnamed waterfall)
    3) Day hike up Fern Canyon with the Rolleicord, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
    4) Recent backpack trip up Redwood Creek (took my 4x5)...me feeding the fire in the rain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galcier Peak.jpg   There.jpg   Vaughn_FernCanyon.jpg   RedCr2016.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Hi!

Pirineos, Spain

montaņa by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

Bronica ECTL II - Fuji Pro 160NS

Like!
    Tin Can

Me on top of Mather Pass - camera pointed south:

About an hour before this was taken, I fell off the snow-covered north side and slid down about 100 meters before self-arresting in the soft afternoon snow.

Pentax K1000.

Thomas

Wow, that's quite a fall!!!

I went hiking today in the north GA mountains, on part of the Appalachian Trail. Specifically, the Woody Gap trail to "Preachers Rock." On the way I found this nice scene:

Shen-Hao PTB-617, 72mm XL + 2x CF, Tri-X, Rodinal 1:50

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Thanks Corran. That happened a few years back and after a little reflection it was more like 50 feet - 100' at tops. I had fallen downhill head first on my back with all my gear on which, back in those days, was upwards of 50 lbs, and without thinking about it flipped over and got my head pointed uphill and self-arrested digging the toes of the boots and fingers into the soft snow. I would have went down about 100 meters or so to where the slope leveled off if it was early morning when the snow would have been frozen, but even then I would have been unhurt as there were no protruding objects along the path. It sure sent the adrenlin through the roof and my heart was pounding away as I made it back to where I was.

Here's a late afternoon/early evening view from my campsite north of Muir Pass in Evolution Basin, Kings Canyon NP:

Pentax K1000.

Thomas

Very nice, Bryan!
    Thomas -- love that area...especially Dusy Basin. What a place for thunderstorms...the thunder rolls around that basin and shakes your insides! The last time I was there must have been 1973, maybe '74.

Probably 90% of my photographs are taken while hiking (further than 1/2 mile from the road, or hiking around for more than an hour) with the exception of the 11x14 camera.