Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Drew Wiley

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Don't know why I've never bumped into you yet, Thomas. I did run into a resident EB Park ranger near that spot. He got excited about my camera, an 8x10
    at that time, I think, so started asking about film availability in general. Turns out he owns a nice Fuji 6X6 RF system, but hadn't used it in a long time.

I like that view, Thomas.

Trying out a roll of Rollei RPX 25 while hiking around the Oregon sand dunes.

Moonrise, Dunes by tuco, on Flickr

GSW690III

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Don't know why I've never bumped into you yet, Thomas. I did run into a resident EB Park ranger near that spot. He got excited about my camera, an 8x10
    at that time, I think, so started asking about film availability in general. Turns out he owns a nice Fuji 6X6 RF system, but hadn't used it in a long time.
    I've been on the lookout for you Drew but so far as I know I am the only photographer working the Diablo Range.

Thanks Tuco.

Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Amfooty View Post
    Waterfalls of Ordesa y Monte Period National Park. Hasselblad Xpan, 45mm, Foma 100

Ordesa by Alex C, on Flickr
    What a great idea to use vertical panorama ! I was there some years ago, will try to find some pics
    i

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ordesa-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	179131

Ordesa, Monte Perdido

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ordesa.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	179132

The same

Have a plan for the next week. I will upload a few images for sure. I have collected my necessary all tools for hiking. The J5 tactical flashlight https://tacticalflashlightguide.com/...hlight-review/ is a nice addition for this tour.
    Last edited by keptamon; 26-Jun-2018 at 19:00.

Drew Wiley

Tom - I've got various picture books on my shelves with LF shots around Mt Diablo. There was once a fellow who worked nowhere else than within Mt Diablo State Park itself, and only used a 12X20 view camera. If you want a workout, try going straight up the series of eight falls that run in the Spring on the North Peak. I've done it with full Sinar gear. A few dicey cliffs that require careful route finding. I did it back when most of the poison oak had burned off that area
    about 20 yrs ago. Probably all grown up now. I was on the north side a week ago; but ticks rather than cliffs were the issue to avoid. Nice color. But I actually
    spend more time out in Morgan Territory than on Mt Diablo itself. Less people, more coyotes. Now its gotten hot, so I head toward Pt Reyes instead, until the
    mosquitos thin out in the high country. The Black Diamond hills are quite photogenic too. Actually, there are two separate Diablo ranges. The one consituted
    of the cluster of peaks around Mt Diablo itself, and the official Diablo Range south of Pacheco Pass, which has some very interesting-looking volcanic plugs;
    but the handful of public-access roads into there can be miserably muddy in the cool season, allegedly miserable even with 4WD.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Tom - I've got various picture books on my shelves with LF shots around Mt Diablo. There was once a fellow who worked nowhere else than within Mt Diablo State Park itself, and only used a 12X20 view camera. If you want a workout, try going straight up the series of eight falls that run in the Spring on the North Peak. I've done it with full Sinar gear. A few dicey cliffs that require careful route finding. I did it back when most of the poison oak had burned off that area
    about 20 yrs ago. Probably all grown up now. I was on the north side a week ago; but ticks rather than cliffs were the issue to avoid. Nice color. But I actually
    spend more time out in Morgan Territory than on Mt Diablo itself. Less people, more coyotes. Now its gotten hot, so I head toward Pt Reyes instead, until the
    mosquitos thin out in the high country. The Black Diamond hills are quite photogenic too. Actually, there are two separate Diablo ranges. The one consituted
    of the cluster of peaks around Mt Diablo itself, and the official Diablo Range south of Pacheco Pass, which has some very interesting-looking volcanic plugs;
    but the handful of public-access roads into there can be miserably muddy in the cool season, allegedly miserable even with 4WD.
    I’ve lived in the Bay Area all my life with the exception of my time in the Navy in the late 70’s. I’ve only recently started to explore the area with a camera. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew Wiley

Those two serial waterfall shots have quite a twisty snap to them, Iga. But I like the last posted version best because the extra amount of deep values around the waterfall actually accentuates the whites more, much like a picture frame. The black up the top also allows the upper tip of the visble waterfall
    to originate in context, poetically. Is the surrounding rock dolomite? It looks too metamorphically-altered to be limestone per se, at least in the very first
    multi-waterfall image.