I shoot b&w and colour in MF, 4x5, and 5x7. I shoot b&w in 8x10. For colour, I now use an Epson scanner and printer to "proof" at home. I can only print up to 8x10, but that is good enough to give me an idea of what I am getting, what I need to do. For serious larger colour prints, I go to a specialty shop and they do gigundo scans and incredible prints. For me to get that quality in my home system would cost a pile of money and it would all be outdated in a few years. My home setup, without computer cost, was under $1500 and produces high quality colour 8x10 prints. I do very little in Photoshop and use only Photoshop elements. As usual, if you didn't get it right in the neg or pos, neither Photoshop nor anything else will perform miracles for you. I use it mainly to reproduce what was already there and I consciously try to spend as LITTLE time in front of the computer as possible.

I also scan b&w negs sometimes to get an idea of what I will need to do in the darkroom in terms of dodging, burning, etc. VERY handy.

I use traditional darkroom methods for black and white and will continue to do so. I have no interest at all in doing digital prints for b&w. BTW, darkroom equipment is very inexpensive these days as people are unloading equipment to move to digital.

Digital technology is great but it can be a real ratrace to keep up and unless you actually make decent money from photography (or just have a lot of dough lying around), it is continually expensive. You will ALWAYS be buying new equipment, on a regular basis, as your older equipment becomes outdated or needs repair. Having said that, if I were a commercial pro, I would go completely digital.

However, I am not and I will never shoot digital for a reason that is not often mentioned. I work in high tech. File management, including security and longevity, is a world all of its own. If I shot digital, I would forever be committed to newer technology and a considerable amount of time in file organization and maintenance. Film keeps itself without a lot of intervention. I put it film in sleeves in proper containers and forget about it. If my computer crashed tomorrow and I could not recover any of my scans, my images would be just fine, sitting in their relatively inexpensive, low tech and low maintenance boxes. I will not be updating the boxes when technology changes.