Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Incoming Saltzman!

Re: Incoming Saltzman!

Hi Randy,

Thanks for posting ... been reading this with interest and will be following this.

I acquired two Saltzman for my firehouse/darkroom project and both need some work.

The first one we moved by taking it apart and loading it in a truck. Took 3 young guys and me. Rolling it up the ramp was the hard part. Unloading by three 55+ was a piece of cake. Never removed the weights in the column. This particular unit didn't have the table anymore but came with a 4x8 ft steel structure with a 3/4" glass top ... that contraption is almost as heavy as the whole enlarger. Combined, about 1500 lbs.

The second one has the original stand and table but will need a new baseboard, no big deal. That one we moved in a wood structure (2x4's) and six wheels. Got smart this time and used a truck with lift gate. Only takes two guys to do the riding and maneuvering ... actually, piece of cake to load and unload.

Looking forward to install those once the space for the darkroom(s) is ready.

Love the process !

Rudi A.

Re: Incoming Saltzman!

I have stalled on reassembly. It was such nice weather until recently I spent most of my time outside.

Soon I will post progress.

Would love to see any snaps of your Saltzmen. I pluralized... LOL