Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memorials for LFers

Re: Memorials for LFers

I would go with what makes the most sense, probably sub- forum as then its not one long thread a few years from now when I may make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thread or sub-forum, Bob?

We can start a thread anytime, but having multiple memorials in a single thread would be very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I would go with what makes the most sense, probably sub- forum as then its not one long thread a few years from now when I may make the list.
    I would hate to have the thread be longer than the Deleted thread! (whoops -- that may be APUG).
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Not much in favor of a separate sub-forum for memorials. Seems to me that this could be handled better by inclusion in Announcements, where I think it would be respectful.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

If the thread builds nicely (and people don't ruin it), we can promote the thread to a sticky so that it is always visible in the forum. Try it in On Photography first, and let's see where it goes. If the thread becomes unmanageably long or unnavigable, we could consider elevating it to a sub-forum at that time.

Personally, as respectful of those who have passed as I am (which is a lot), life is for the living, and I don't want to focus too much on memorials. The older I get, the more depressing the topic becomes.

Rick "content drives organization" Denney

Thanks, Rick, but I have no interest in making a general memorial thread -- totally negates the purpose I had in mind. I'll just post in "on Photography", but will check out the 'Annoucement' subforum to see if that seems better.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China