Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZÜCA All Terrain Carts

Re: ZÜCA All Terrain Carts

Did I skip over a post where any sort of cart was seriously proposed as a load transporter solution for hiking over trails? Previous threads on carts that I recall were directed at load carrying for those of us who can't backpack any weight.

A set of fold up luggage wheels have long served to keep the 25 pounds of my complete 4x5 kit off of my shoulders and hips. I would never think of dragging this load anywhere that isn't pretty much "wheel-chair accessible". A set-up with bigger wheels and higher ground clearance would allow that load to be pulled through a park or over golf course type terrain.

Backpacking? Wish I could any more. One summer, a long time ago (1970) I made my way to the summit of Long's Peak via the now closed Cable Rout—twice. . . .a life-time ago.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Drew Wiley

I wasn't aware the Laramide revolution had occurred yet in 1970. ... thought Colorado was still a shallow ocean with plesiosaurs in it. But I do remember what I
    was doing in the Sierra, back before I discovered large format photography and the need for heavy pack capacity.

Well that was then. things are different now—for me anyway.

I'd like to see a photo dedicated cart based on a golf-bag pull cart. Pretty light and foldable. Dr. Tran has posted pics of one he did in a thread here (or in the DIY forum) last year.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

You could probably mock one up pretty quick with pvc pipe. Then take it down to your local metal fab shop and have them put one together using aluminum. Axles and wheels with bearings can be quickly and economically sourced through McMaster and Carr.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

Audition)ne: you are probably right and I have done the mentsal exercise a few times. Yet my ability to image in this type of project is not possible for me for several personal reasons.

This topic comes up here several times a year though and I'm a little surprised that no-one with more skill, ability and resources has done something commercial. Not even a crowd-sourced effort.

There is a nitch here for a kit to modify a golf bag pull cart. I would hope that most of it could come from Home Fepot, Lowes or Granger as off-the=shelf bits that can be bolted together. One year I strapped an external backpack frame to one with hose clamps. worked for hanging a LowePro Trekker pack on but was a little clunky and it looked 'rigged".

Cheers to all
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com