Thread: Donner Pass, Sept. 17-18, 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Donner Pass, Sept. 17-18, 2016

I will be camping in the Donner Pass area for several days and thought I would create a casual meet up for Saturday and Sunday, September 17 and 18. I will be there before and after that as well, if anyone wants to come early or stay a night or two. You would have to arrange your own camp site. I will probably be at the Cisco Grove RV park.

I am thinking of a photo walk or two in the main Donner Pass area, or maybe along the railroad or the Yuba River just west of the pass.

If you are at all interested, post a note and I can keep updating info as it gets closer.

Chris

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re: Donner Pass, Sept. 17-18, 2016

If anyone is considering this, let me know, even if you would just come up for the day. There are all kinds of neat stuff to photograph up there, like railroad places, historic highway buildings, abandoned tunnels and snow sheds, whatever water is in the South Yuba, and so on. Chris

Re: Donner Pass, Sept. 17-18, 2016

Hey Chris, I'm still around. Just having issues with my folks health. Tried to get together but you disappeared. Like to get together for coffee, lunch. Love to come up there to shoot but have something planned for mid Oct in Eastern Sierra. Going to school this semester at Palomar again. Creative. I just built a large format pinhole camera. All foam core. 6x20 paper negs. You'ld love it. Works great. Only problem is one shot then have to find the dark to reload. Drop me a line when you get back. James