I have been reading through this website and have found a lot of invaluable information so far and have only scratched the surface. Thanks for providing this forum.

I am looking into the Wisner cameras. I have coveted them for quite some time and am now seriously considering making the investment. I am taken by the simplicity of the Flight and the comparable size/weight of the Pocket Expedition. I am curious if anyone here has tested both of these cameras or had enough experience with the Flight to advise on its simplified manual adjustments (compared to the fully geared, and at times complicated PE).

I have not really shot a field camera like these, my experience in mainly with a Calumet monorail in a studio. I am a part-time professional photographer while I work my way through grad school. I have a lot of experience in small and medium format and a modest amount of experience with large format. I am an avid solo camper/backpacker/hiker/nature person, and I frequently travel to Big Bend and other spots around Texas with my Hasselblad and Nikon F5 in tow. I am looking for a 4x5 because I have become pretty serious about landscape photography and large format seems only a natural progression. My priorities in a 4x5 are weight (or lack thereof), ease of use, wide angle capabilities, and adjustments suitable for serious landscape photography in diverse places.

So basically I want to know, are the simplified manual adjustments on the Flight a fair trade for ease and speed of use? Will I be missing out on the Wisner patented gear features found on the PE and no rear rise on the Flight? I've read reviews on the PE, and they seem to have quite a fan base, but they are admittedly difficult and cumbersome for many people to use. Would someone who has experience with one or both of these cameras help clarify the tradeoffs between the two and how this might affect their practical ease of use in the field.

Thanks ahead of time,