Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: has it all been done before

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Re: has it all been done before

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    It's only speaking generally that there is nothing new under the sun. When we get to particulars, everything is new.
    This right here.

To take a look at it outside of photography, I make a fried chicken that causes a reaction after the first bite of "oh my God" " this is incredible" " I've never had anything like this" and the chicken being devoured to the bone. When asked how I came up with my version I'm honest and reply " a little Of this chef, a bit of that chef, a dash of this technique, a splash of that and four years of having a mental picture of what I was after and finally nailing it".

Now surely somewhere out there is fried chicken as good as and similar to mine. Fried chicken has been around for a long time. But people who don't know me (so I know it isn't just polite feedback) have said its the best they've ever had. I can't sell it yet but I make it at cost for friends having parties. It served as a good source of feedback that helped me refine the recipe. Like portfolio reviews.

It's my fried chicken but I owe it in part to the work and skill of people who had their vision and shared their knowledge.

Stamp of approval. Antione, a buddy of mine who runs a popular roadside BBQ stand, reacting to his first piece of my chicken since last fall. He eats fried chicken between slices of bread. When I asked why he said it was how they ate it growing up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

Re: has it all been done before

Some are tracing 'Art' way back in time.

Way way back...Prehistoric Art Timeline (2.5 Million - 500 BCE)
    Tin Can