Thread: photo a day, photo a week photo a month photo a ...

multiplex

photo a day, photo a week photo a month photo a ...

is anyone here shooting, processing and printing every day?

personal projects or work ?

Old School Wayne

Re: photo a day, photo a week photo a month photo a ...

I wish. I shoot a few frames in most months on average, but much of that these days is medium format. Its too hot to work in my darkroom much of the summer so most of that work is done spring summer and fall, and that tends to be when I shoot the most. Then it might be every week.

I understand this is a film forum; pardon my digital talk. I got back into photography in 2008 when I bought a second-hand Sigma Dp1. The Foveon sensor reads light vertically, like film, and it was the first camera that didn't leave me feeling cold (which was my experience with digital to that date). I still recommend Sigma cameras to any film photographer who believe all digital cameras are alike. Anyway, they are slow/tricky to use, so I eventually settled on a Ricoh GR. I take that camera with me everywhere. So I shoot every day. It is the perfect pocket camera. It has a large APS-C sized sensor. The lens, effective 28mm in 35mm speak, is perfect for the kinds of shots I'll take while out and about. It's sharp, corner to corner and stops down to 2.8. I bought mine used for $500. You can get them cheaper now. Or one can get a Sigma. Again, don't get me wrong. I love film. For my lifestyle and interests, however, I need the best compromise so I can shoot every day.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    is anyone here shooting, processing and printing every day?

personal projects or work ?
    I shoot something everyday, but it's a combination of cameras, formats and mix of digi and film.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by maxotics View Post
    I understand this is a film forum; pardon my digital talk. I got back into photography in 2008 when I bought a second-hand Sigma Dp1. The Foveon sensor reads light vertically, like film, and it was the first camera that didn't leave me feeling cold (which was my experience with digital to that date). I still recommend Sigma cameras to any film photographer who believe all digital cameras are alike. Anyway, they are slow/tricky to use, so I eventually settled on a Ricoh GR. I take that camera with me everywhere. So I shoot every day. It is the perfect pocket camera. It has a large APS-C sized sensor. The lens, effective 28mm in 35mm speak, is perfect for the kinds of shots I'll take while out and about. It's sharp, corner to corner and stops down to 2.8. I bought mine used for $500. You can get them cheaper now. Or one can get a Sigma. Again, don't get me wrong. I love film. For my lifestyle and interests, however, I need the best compromise so I can shoot every day.
    This is NOT a film forum, we embrace all imaging, in the right place.

Today I posted an iPod copy of a 6x17cm 120 Trix-400 neg enlarged 6X onto 14X36" X-Ray film for a test positive.

What category is that?
    Tin Can

multiplex

maxotics and randy

that is right,
    i don't really care about format or media, just interested in knowing
    how often people dedicate memory or silver or ? to something they saw.
    i have ot admit, i used to make something daily, but i got out of practice ..
    life took over for a while, but i am eeking my way back towards that, at least i
    SEE daily, the next step is dedication of something tangible.

I shoot every day. longest dry spell is probably three days. I Process about once a week. and printing has been about once every 4 months since last summer =(
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

I'm in the darkroom about once a week. Sometimes more.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com