Thread: Hey from NYC (for now)

Hey from NYC (for now)

Just wanted to pop in and say hey from NYC. I've got a little experience shooting LF and I acquired a free Toyo rail from sperdynamite on here a few months ago but haven't used it yet because toting a rail camera around the city doesn't sound fun haha. I'm hoping to build up some bits of gear here within the next few months before I move back to Nashville where I can hopefully shoot a bit more work I'd rather use LF for. My background is in weddings and portrait but I started in automotive photography and want to do more of that with a more fine art feel and try my hand at landscapes. I'm looking forward to learning more on this helpful forum!

Re: Hey from NYC (for now)

Use what you have...the best camera is the one you have

Hey brennan, I'm in NYC too. Moving a monorail around is a huge pain. I've only broken it out a few times. Hopefully you'll be braver and more willing than I!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    aaronamodt.com

Oh I don't plan on taking it out of my apartment haha. Just gonna use it for some indoor portraits and still life maybe. I *might* take it just outside and around the block for some outdoor portraits but that's about it haha.

Welcome to the forum. I toted around a monorail for years before I got a field camera. I took many nice photos with that old Cambo.