Thread: FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

I am trying to organise an informal workshop/gathering of LF users here in the UK (or anyone visiting our shores!). At the moment there are about 6 people who have confirmed an interest in attending this "event" - it will be held from Friday (evening) 20 May to Sunday 22 May 2005, "somewhere" in the Lake District - we have an "expert" currently working on suitable options for a base for good locations within the area!! There will be no charge for this event! It is open to anyone using LF gear - including roll film backs and you can even bring along your digital SLRs (as long as you use them with a darkcloth!). It is meant as an informal gathering/information sharing get together and ALL levels of experience are welcome - even complete beginners who have yet to take the plunge! There is no itinery (yet) but there will be some structure when I know who is coming, what they want to do, if they want to learn anything in particular, or just take pics in a group etc etc! Come along if you just want a chat about LF! I envisage us making a base in a hotel/guest house, so hopefully we will be able to negotiate good rates! We will also have somewhere to "discuss the days events"! You will only need to pay for your accommodation, food and travel If anyone is interested then please get in touch ASAP so we can plan accommodation etc. When I get some ideas of numbers I will don my begging head and see if I can arrange some demo equipment or film from "generous" UK suppliers

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

As Ebony's biggest cheerleader, maybe you could score some freebies from them for the participants? ;-) I'd be happy with a simple RW model.

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

Hey Donald, been called some things in my life, but never a cheerleader! Do I get those pom-pom things!!

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

Absolutely! How are the legs? We could fit you up with a skirt and sweater (with Ebony written across the front) as well. That would really get the attendance up for you.

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

I am interested and have emailed you direct. It's exactly a week before I head up to Skye for a week, hopefully I'll learn something to improve my photography using LF.

FREE UK LF WORKSHOP

Great guys! I could wear my Ebony underwear too (the ones made from a rubberised silk Ebony focus cloth)!!