Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just curious but what the most you have ever sold a B&W Landscape print for?

Just curious but what the most you have ever sold a B&W Landscape print for?

Topic title says it all really but it would also be useful to know what the actual image size was and the method of presentation such as framed with glass or mounted to dibond etc.
    I'm curious becasue I've just seen a 100cm X 100cm print sold for $2750 which I thought was quite high but maybe I'm wrong since I never tried to sell images that big.

Re: Just curious but what the most you have ever sold a B&W Landscape print for?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Topic title says it all really but it would also be useful to know what the actual image size was and the method of presentation such as framed with glass or mounted to dibond etc.
    I'm curious becasue I've just seen a 100cm X 100cm print sold for $2750 which I thought was quite high but maybe I'm wrong since I never tried to sell images that big.
    $250, 16x20 matted and framed 20x24

Re: Just curious but what the most you have ever sold a B&W Landscape print for?

Over $8,000 for one image, ~32X40". Printing done by client who is a billionaire.

Funny, perhaps: you should ask for the least sale. Mine, a cover and inside photo for syndicated Parade Magazine. Considering its distribution, I made squat for it. There's a story there because Joe Rosenthal was the picture editor at the time. (LF on-topic!) Inside page image.

OTOH, I have gifted lots of prints, the latest to a gallery owner in Oxford England for his sister who visited this site near my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Over $8,000 for one image. Printing done by client. About 40" on the horizontal. The client was a billionaire.
    That helps!!!

A standard rate of $50 for a 10x14 or 12x16 print in a 16x20 frame in a local arts & crafts fair. It's more of a community service than a business.

This is a big 'like'!

There is 'Joy in Mudville'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    A standard rate of $50 for a 10x14 or 12x16 print in a 16x20 frame in a local arts & crafts fair. It's more of a community service than a business.
    Last edited by Tin Can; 15-Jun-2016 at 08:02. Reason: Added hot link to the great Poem
    Tin Can

Occasionally I will place an ad in the creative services section of my local Craigslist offering a large, framed custom B&W Portrait shot with an 8x10 camera
    - if you have to ask the price..you cannot afford it!

I have no idea what I'd charge as no one has ever asked

the ad was just kind of to poke fun at all those $125 portrait ads..but hell..if someone took me up on it

$3.00. (When I was in High School.)
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by neal114 View Post
    $150 32x40... framed
    Come on, that isn't enough to even buy a simple frame and glass at that size.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Come on, that isn't enough to even buy a simple frame and glass at that size.
    Starving artist...
    Tin Can