Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from China

Re: Greetings from China

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Welcome! I lived in Beijing from 1999-2001. I remember a large format camera shop down the alley near the large bookstore north of Longfu shopping alley. Is that still there?
    rich815
    Temple fairs in Beijing should still be under camera shop.Admire your memory.
    Right now many of the use of China's large camera, 4 x5 is known as the "stamp",5 x7 few, by many more people use 8 x10 and more cameras.
    There are lots of people have their own darkroom.There are many good and have the characteristics of the works.
    There are many Internet discussion groups.But also have a spontaneous large format photographer parties and exhibitions every year.
    Welcome more friends to understand China's large format photography.

I don't know, speak these here, if, in violation of the provisions of the BBS, I am sorry!
    Last edited by bw-man; 14-Jun-2016 at 17:34. Reason: amend

Quote Originally Posted by bobbotron View Post
    Hello bw-man and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories!
    Thank bobbotron,
    My photography work more than 30 years, has its own photographic works, also have their own design developing tank product.I hope to share with friends to discuss, in the process of product design hope, joy and frustration.
    But I don't know whether these can be published in BBS?In the BBS published under what columns.
    Because I was 63 years old, did not understand English, don't know the regulations of BBS.To avoid violation of provisions, from unnecessary misunderstanding.I also hope to get guidance and help.
    Give the bless to every one of us.

Drew Wiley

Welcome. Your translation program works fine, so it will apparently be easy to communicate. My wife studied in the University of Beijing for a year as an exchange student. There are many bi-lingual Mandarin/English speakers in this area, along with Cantonese/English. But as long as anyone can pronounce "Sinar", we all speak the same.

Greetings!

We are very interested in your Art, methods and please post images.

Thank you
    Tin Can

I can help you and I understand Chinese. David

Quote Originally Posted by bw-man View Post
    Thank bobbotron,
    My photography work more than 30 years, has its own photographic works, also have their own design developing tank product.I hope to share with friends to discuss, in the process of product design hope, joy and frustration.
    But I don't know whether these can be published in BBS?In the BBS published under what columns.
    Because I was 63 years old, did not understand English, don't know the regulations of BBS.To avoid violation of provisions, from unnecessary misunderstanding.I also hope to get guidance and help.
    Give the bless to every one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bw-man View Post
    Right now many of the use of China's large camera, 4 x5 is known as the "stamp", 5x7 few, but many more people use 8 x10 and more cameras.
    There are lots of people have their own darkroom.There are many good and have the characteristics of the works.
    There are many Internet discussion groups.But also have a spontaneous large format photographer parties and exhibitions every year.
    Welcome more friends to understand China's large format photography.
    What large format film do you use? I was using Shanghai black and white 4x5" film but was told that it is not currently available because the factory was in the process of moving to a new location.

Are there other Chinese brands of large format black and white film that we may not know about?

Are black and white film processing chemicals easily available to you or do you have to purchase the raw ingredients then mix your own?

In your own work, what lenses do you like to work with?

Please feel free to post some of your photographs here.

Thank you.
    Terry
    Last edited by AtlantaTerry; 15-Jun-2016 at 18:27. Reason: editing what I wrote

Welcome! By the way, what is BBS?

Bulletin Board System.
    --
    A bulletin board system or BBS...
    Is a computer server running custom software -- That allows users to connect to the system using a terminal program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system

Thanks

Hi, I am from Hong Kong, joined this forum 10+ years ago, gave up LF for other things. Recently I cleaned up my dark room, threw away the chemicals (except a batch of Amidol) which I kept all these years and felt I might re-start sometime, so I join this forum again. I still keep the Durst L1200, and some accessories from the Durst L2501. Good to know LF is still alive in China. I used to have a friend in Shanghai who built LF wooden 10x12 cameras. I still have some 10x12 films from him. Good luck and have fun!