Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A "film holder" ground glass

Re: A "film holder" ground glass

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I have done this multiple times for multiple platforms...but what I never got figured out well is what to do with the ground glass between removing it from the camera and inserting the "real" filmholder. Every time, I pull out the GG and look around stupidly for where to put it while I install the film holder. Usually it goes under my arm, and gets fingerprints on it, or balanced on top the the camera and falls off, or simply on the ground and gets stepped on...for cameras like the travelwide or conversions that require the thing to be used every time, I need to come up with some kind of system for temporarily holding it on the tripod or camera... Maybe some sort of hook, bungee, or magnet. Crack that problem, and I will be truly impressed.
    Use the double hot shoes on top to create a 'hood' for your lens out of the ground glass.
    Add two mounts to the ground glass to slide it onto the top of the camera.
    Extra special flare effect if the lens is wide enough =)
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

hacker extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    The Calumet C2 120 or Linhof 120 which slide in like a sheet film holder is not practical?
    I am unaware of such a back for 2x3.
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

I thought of a request or improvement to the design. I was thinking that it'd be handy to have grooves, like the 545i or alike, so that it can be used with international backs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I have done this multiple times for multiple platforms...but what I never got figured out well is what to do with the ground glass between removing it from the camera and inserting the "real" filmholder. Every time, I pull out the GG and look around stupidly for where to put it while I install the film holder. Usually it goes under my arm, and gets fingerprints on it, or balanced on top the the camera and falls off, or simply on the ground and gets stepped on...for cameras like the travelwide or conversions that require the thing to be used every time, I need to come up with some kind of system for temporarily holding it on the tripod or camera... Maybe some sort of hook, bungee, or magnet. Crack that problem, and I will be truly impressed.
    This will work if you wear a belt.
    https://www.thebuffshop.com/pc-3635-...uch-black.aspx

If you do not wear a belt something like this
    https://www.google.com/#q=waist+pouch+with+leg+strap

I have no affiliation with any of the provided links. They are only being shown as an example of a product that may work for you.
    Questions and comments are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MMELVIS View Post
    This will work if you wear a belt.
    https://www.thebuffshop.com/pc-3635-...uch-black.aspx

If you do not wear a belt something like this
    https://www.google.com/#q=waist+pouch+with+leg+strap

I have no affiliation with any of the provided links. They are only being shown as an example of a product that may work for you.
    If you want a simple clip system. Get 2 of the large binder clips and a length of string tied to each end to one of the clips. Clip one binder clips on the tripod and the other to the ground glass film holder.
    Questions and comments are always welcome