Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Management Programs for Small Photographic Companys

Re: Project Management Programs for Small Photographic Companys

A review of on line collaboration tools.

http://www.werockyourweb.com/slack-v...a-vs-teamwork/
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Bob,

Check out this photo tracking software package. http://www.cjcom.net/itrak.htm

Mike

Bob,

I do project management for a living and have done so for almost 30 years. Tried and true tools for big and small projects are Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project. Microsoft Project is really over the top for most applications, so I suggest Microsoft Excel.

There are simple ways to organize multiple projects into a tabular (calendar) or Gantt format.

Microsoft Outlook, or whatever email+calendar program you use, can be used also for scheduling, reminders of key dates, etc.

If you have a server in your business it is easy to share files. If you have SharePoint then you are good to go.

If you don't have a server or don't have SharePoint, then emailing files back and forth or saving them on a USB stick is a rudimentary way to share information. Printing a hardcopy once per week or once every two weeks is also a way to share information.

The most important rule I have learned over the years is: keep it simple.

I would be happy to talk on the phone if you want to get some ideas. c: 610-427-3949

microsoft sharepoint would be my preferred choice. you can set up folders for different states of the project. bidding, awarded, completed. etc.
    Also you can hire people to develop workflows or train yourself. it is not very complex. most importantly, you can leverage the calendar feature for project specific events. and you can use it for many other things other than projects.

salesforce.com is also something i like.

You should definitely check out Microsoft Project. I have a copy, but have never used it, so I can't report on any personal experience. It first appeared in the DOS days -- before Windows -- and the latest version, I think, is 2016.

Microsoft Project is a project management software product, developed and sold by Microsoft. It is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.

Microsoft Project was the company's third Microsoft Windows-based application, and within a couple of years of its introduction it became the dominant PC-based project management software.

It is part of the Microsoft Office family but has never been included in any of the Office suites. It is available currently in two editions, Standard and Professional. Microsoft Project's proprietary file format is .mpp.

It might be overkill for your needs -- especially the PRO version -- but Microsoft's website has plenty of info and samples for you to examine.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    For my business I use Quick books online to keep track of my financials. I am quite happy with this online program.

What I feel I need is a program that we can access and track all the different projects we are working on. As a gallery and printer we are being commissioned months even year in advance and
    keeping track of details on various fronts is getting to become tedious.

Does any one here use a program that two or more people can access , update and garner reports at a moments notice a complete snapshot where each project is. This program should be able to hold not only word documents but as well quotes and also folders which could contain marketing, JPEGs , drawings , layouts and such that are part of customers or special projects.
    Almost like a huge journal that can be easily managed and seen.

hope this makes sense.

Bob
    Bob
    ive been in project management since 2006. i currently run a project office of 8 project managers and 2 coordinators that report directly into myself.

i dont mind setting up a call to understand your requirements in details and help you with it. please PM me

+1 for basecamp. I have used it occasionally to manage long distance clients.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography