Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rittreck View Bellows Replacement

Rittreck View Bellows Replacement

I recently purchased a Rittreck View camera with 4x5 back in pretty decent condition (thanks Simon Benton!). The only problem it really has is the bellows need replaced (a common issue with these cameras that I compounded by trying to close the camera incorrectly...). I did a search and didn't find any hints, tips or videos on replacing them.

There's a vendor on the big evil who sells replacements. Just want to know what I'm getting into before I tear into it.

Anyone ever replace them or know where I can find any info on how to do it?

Re: Rittreck View Bellows Replacement

You can search on the thread below:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...-Bellows-Maker

Many here vouch for Rudy here:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/ecbuyonline2...1&_ipg=&_from=

I also recently purchased a Rittreck camera. It is a solid camera and works really well for me especially in the field. Before the Rittreck, I used a Calumet CC-403. The Calumet is also a great LF camera but the box as very cumbersome to carry around. I hope you enjoy your new camera and are able to source an inexpensive bellows option.

R/
    Dave

I would consider the eBay seller in Japan who sells with a front frame attached and wants your old frame in exchange.

That camera is hard to close properly, but it's not the only one.

Bellows are expendables that need replacement dependent upon care and usage.
    Tin Can

Thanks guys. I knew the bellows would need replaced before I bought the camera. I've been looking at the seller in Japan. Seems well worth the hassle to have the frame already attached.

I have one being replaced by Richard Ritter right now. Two things I know are 1-I won't screw it up and 2-It will be done right!
    Terry

I'd prefer to do it myself if possible. It looks like the rear is just glued, but the front is screwed and glued. I had hoped to find a video of the process.

OK, I have the old bellows and all of the deteriorated foam removed from the camera. Any suggestions on the best glue for installing the new bellows when I get them? It looks like the original bellows were installed to the rear standard with some sort of two-sided tape.

This thread failed to really answer the question from experienced members.

I will be 'trying' Pliobond 30 sooner or later.
    Tin Can

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Buying bellows from Rudy (ecbuyonline2008) is hit or miss; some people get a good bellows, some don't. The 8x10 bellows I ordered was pieced together with scraps of materials, seams showing, and with wrinkles and glue residue all over. I'd go with the seller from Japan...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Buying bellows from Rudy (ecbuyonline2008) is hit or miss; some people get a good bellows, some don't. The 8x10 bellows I ordered was pieced together with scraps of materials, seams showing, and with wrinkles and glue residue all over. I'd go with the seller from Japan...
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll go with the seller from Japan. I don't have a problem with sending in the metal plate from my old bellows. Plus, they're a little bit less expensive that the Chinese seller.