Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Scitex Eversmart Pro Scanner Users

Re: Scitex Eversmart Pro Scanner Users

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    It depends... CCD is cooled and condensate. On mine it was very dirty. From experience cleaning CCD on Eversmarts makes the most difference.

And this pic demonstrate what I don't like in Eversmarts. Look at number 4: 11 pixels vertical shift! It shreds the image IMO. (That's from your tests above.)
    Thanks for the additional information SURF. I may get it to in the future and will report my findings here as always. BTW, the resolution tests may not be apple to apples in both tests because my scanner lid needed some adjustments so the glass held the negative (resolution test in this case) perfectly flat. 2nd image was after I fixed the lid. I do still understand the issue and agree that it's a bit annoying. I also did some additional tests to compare flare with a drum scanner, and when you compare side by side - the drum scan is much better but I think that is to be expected.

Pali
    Last edited by Pali K; 22-Mar-2018 at 19:35.

I have spent some time calibrating my ES Supreme and ran a test to compare it with a typical output from the Tango. Both of these scanners are calibrated using an IT8 target and here is what both produce with nothing but levels adjustment for black and white points and some minor dust clean up. Sharing this for those who are interested to know what these scanners can do.

Left is ES Supreme and right is Tango. The green background on the Tango matches the slide but ES Supreme is slightly off and it could be that my calibration profile needs additional tuning.

Can you show us details from both scans? I want to see differences in sharpness. I own a Supreme too but I want to know if a Tango gives me advantages, esp. sharpness and dyn. range.

I don't think the Tango is able to resolve more than the Supreme.

Here is a resolution target from Tango:

And here is the one from Supreme that I posted earlier:

Pali

That is some incredible detail and quality out of the Supreme. It would be my go to if I had one

Hi,
    I purchased an Eversmart Supreme some weeks ago – the computer that came with it had some of the oxygen scanner software on it but the folder of the 2.6.4 was empty or somehow damaged ...
    I wonder if anyone who owns the 2.6.4ES software can help me.

I thought I'd ping this thread to see how many users are still active. I just purchased a Supreme and got it running yesterday. The scans are stunning even in comparison to a Hasselblad 828 (Imacon).

Quote Originally Posted by bmikiten View Post
    I thought I'd ping this thread to see how many users are still active. I just purchased a Supreme and got it running yesterday. The scans are stunning even in comparison to a Hasselblad 828 (Imacon).
    Mine is in repair right now with Michael Streeter in Michigan , I really like this unit.
    It should be back to me in a few months.

Bob

Still using it, although doing more MF than LF these days now that I drive a power wheelchair most of the time. Even dancing with the digital devil using a Phase One back. About the only format where I think the IQsmart II doesn''t really cut it is for Minox photos. 35mm up is quite fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    Still using it, although doing more MF than LF these days now that I drive a power wheelchair most of the time. Even dancing with the digital devil using a Phase One back. About the only format where I think the IQsmart II doesn''t really cut it is for Minox photos. 35mm up is quite fine.
    Hi Jim. is that because of trying to keep the Minox negative flat .