Thread: Bargain Alert At Badger

Bargain Alert At Badger

Jeff has two f8 Super Angulon and 3 210 Symmar S lenses, all multicoated, for sale right now at great prices. They are all $175 each. The website says 'poor condition' but not what many would call poor. There was also a 300 mm Symmar S MC in the batch that I bought as much for the shutter as anything else (all black #3 shutter) for $200. The lens just arrived and far from being 'poor' it is what many dealers would call E+ or better. There are some minor marks on the filter ring and on the barrel but no major dings. The shutter seems right on. There is a tiny scuff mark way off near the rim that is visable to the naked eye on the front element. There are a few more very tiny 'cleaning marks' also way off center on the front element, the rear element is pristine. I wa really expecting worse, even though when I talked with Jeff he said "its not tht bad the owner just wanted to move these fast." When it arrived it looked so good I called him to ask about the others so someone here could get the same sort of I deal I got. He said the were not quite as good as my 300 but didn;t really look bad and the glass was definitely very usable. Worth a try I would think for someone that needs either focal length. If they were purchased at the same time as the 300 they are fairly late lenses, the 300 is 14,109,xxx = late 1980's.

Like everythingused I have ever gotten from Jeff or Jim at Midwest the condition is far better than they described it.

Just wanted to pass these goodies along.

Bargain Alert At Badger

Hi Ted

I looked though out the badger site and could not find the lenses you spoke of.

Michael

Bargain Alert At Badger

I looked at Midwest Photo Exchange, couldn't find them either, just an Angulon for a little more.

Bargain Alert At Badger

They were there Monday morning on the Badger site in the Used LF equipment section.

Bargain Alert At Badger

:::::::::sigh::::::::::::

They were sure there when I posted at 11:00 this morning and they were there a few minutes later when I went back and checked. They are gone now! Hope someof our folk got some of 'em. Anyone gonna fess up?

BTW the 300mm Symmar S MC is one monster hunk of glass. I have not done a side-by-side test of it and my 300mm Fuji A and probably will not. Will likely keep the shutter, as originally planned and sell the elements. If I did a side-by-side I might be tempted to keep the glass, all 2 pounds of it which would NEVER leave the studio! The Imagon needs the shutter so if anyone wants the glass drop me a note.

Bargain Alert At Badger

Ted

when I looked all were there.......about 5 minutes later while I was thinking if I could use another lens the 210's disappeared. That left the 2 x 120 SA.........I decided to jump on one for possible use on 4x10. I don't know yet if I actually got it, I went through the checkout and paid for it and got confirmation. But then if 5 of us were doing the same thing at the same time some of us are going to miss out.

Thanks for the tip!

Clayton

Bargain Alert At Badger

Ted

the 120 Super Angulon turned up yesterday, great deal!

The front rim has a ding that's been repaired and apart from that everything else is fine., good glass and shutter appears to be running well.

Clayton