Thread: Moderators In Excess????

Moderators In Excess????

After having been on this forum for over 10 years lately it seems that we have moderation that needs to chill out a bit. In the For Sale section do we really need to adhere by the letter of the law to the "only three items for sale" per unit? For crying out loud, have we not got something better to do than make things so onerous that we inhibit the desire to participate? I remember when there was NO supervision at all and now for Christ sake we seem to be wearing the badge like it is national security issue.

Come on guys. It does not need to be this structured in the bigger picture. The "Why We Are Here" is to make photographs. One word of advice - Relax. Nobody is harmed by innocuous activity that does not specifically adhere to the self imposed guidelines. I can only imagine this criticism will also fall rather quickly to the unacceptable criteria.

Re: Moderators In Excess????

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    ...lately it seems that we have moderation that needs to chill out a bit...
    Every change in moderation style and frequency that I've seen lately has been most satisfying. In my opinion, "chill out" would be the wrong direction to go.

...In the For Sale section do we really need to adhere by the letter of the law...
    I hope the moderators continue adhering to the letter of the rules in all categories.

...have we not got something better to do than make things so onerous that we inhibit the desire to participate?...
    If not following the rules for free advertising on this free Web site inhibits members' desire to participate, I say good riddance. Those whose main reason for being here is selling don't usually contribute much.

...Nobody is harmed by innocuous activity that does not specifically adhere to the self imposed guidelines...
    Looking the other way when this site's owner's rules are ignored harms the owner as well as all those who do comply. Moderators would be derelict in their duty and causing that harm if they didn't moderate appropriately.

To the moderators: keep focused and carry on.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I think there is a prohibition against critiquing the moderators. So before this thread gets closed or deleted may I add a +1. I appreciate all that the mods do and realize that it is a thankless task, but I've been noticing it too.

And as often happens, I'm on the other side of the fence than my hero Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I think there is a prohibition against critiquing the moderators. So before this thread gets closed or deleted may I add a +1. I appreciate all that the mods do and realize that it is a thankless task, but I've been noticing it too.

Anyone who criticizes the king loses his head.

It may not be much of a loss in my case!

Why isn't there an "Ignore This Thread" button?

Not surprisingly, it takes a little while before everyone notices that the guidelines have changed. A certain amount of "please read the new guidelines" moderation during the transition is to be expected.