Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What'll power Speedotron Lights besides their own packs? & Regional Power Differences

Re: What'll power Speedotron Lights besides their own packs? & Regional Power Differe

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    Have you contacted these people? : http://www.speedotron.eu/Home.html There is also a list of dealers. Not only might they have a lead on used or rental equipment, but some of them might know what has to be done to US spec versions to be usable in Europe. They might even offer a modification service.
    That was my thought exactly! I have had correspondence with them in the recent past, but they don't seem too forthcoming to provide that sort of information UNLESS you are already paying them for a service... Hard situation to over come, even when I am telling them I will use them to make any service, repair or modification to my lights if they can do it... Thanks for your reply

Re: What'll power Speedotron Lights besides their own packs? & Regional Power Differe

How about emailing/phoning Speedotron in Chicago? In particular, see if you can talk to someone in repair. Ask them if they could modify equipment bought here for your market. If that's a problem, PM me, and I can call for you.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

How about emailing/phoning Speedotron in Chicago? In particular, see if you can talk to someone in repair. Ask them if they could modify equipment bought here for your market. If that's a problem, PM me, and I can call for you.
    They use to be in Chicago in the Helix building before Helix closed. They are now part of Promark in Bartlett, IL.

I asked Speedotron this very question, the answer was "No" it wouldn't be cost effective. They DO make packs for 220V, but are scarce onthe used market.
    I'm sure you can find something used of Euro Mfg with high power. Balcar made 5000ws packs and heads, Elincrom made 5 or 6K packs and heads, I'll bet Hensel makes something big, maybe a bi-tube to get you to 5 or 6K.
    To fire the Speedo heads, you will need power packs, you might find someone to make an adapter cable from a euro pack to a Speedo head. (Robal in Los Angeles used to do this.)
    Keep investigating and learning there is lots of stuff out there.

Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com