Thread: Sacramento Color processing

Sacramento Color processing

I searched the archives and couldn't find an answer to this, so I'll bug all of you again.

I've just shot my first 4x5 kodak readyloads and now I need to find a place to develope them for me. I've burned through two boxes of Polaroid (53 and 55) and had loads of fun with them, but I'd like to see how the color shots turned out.

Does anyone know of a color lab in the Sacramento area that processes sheet film? I've asked at a couple of local camera stores and gotten blank looks from the teen age girls behind the counter. (I'm used to that)

Preferrably someplace that I could drop off and pick up, but if not, the connections to a recommended lab away from my area would also be appreciated. Sorry if this ends up being redundant.

Thanks for all the help already given. This site has made my initial foray into LF so much easier than it might have been without all of you guiding me along.

Paul

Old School Wayne

I always sent my color trannies to Prolab in Seattle and was always very pleased with the results, and they were MUCH less expensive than many other places. Its been a few years since I've shot any color but I suppose they are still at it.

Cali Color near Cal Expo will do a great job. Tell Pat and Gerry hello.

steve simmons

Thanks so much. I live in Roseville, so I will stop at Calicolor tomorrow morning. I LOVE this site!
    I will surely tell them you said hi, Steve.

I really like Cali Color. They're fast, reliable, and nice folks. They do all of my medium and large format color stuff.

There is also a lab on H and 57th, right next to Camera Arts. If you are in town in April, make sure and check out the ViewPoint Gallery. We are having a members show in april. www.viewpointgallery.org It's off Richards Boulevard, off either 160 or I-5

Thanks, to all. I tried Calicolor and WOW! I am definitely hooked on LF now. I dropped off seven transparencies, a roll of 120 film, and a roll of 35mm Provia. Done to perfection in two hours. One of the 4x5 trannies almost made me w*t myself it looked so good. I wanted to dance and sing to the world, "look, I don't need a loupe!"

Thanks Darin. I actually picked up some of ViewPoint's literature at Action Camera on Sunrise and Cirby and if welcome will be joining within the next few weeks. I really enjoy the newsletter and look forward to learning more about LF from its members.

Thanks again, all.

Okay, I don't know how to post an actual link, but if you cut and paste you can see my pride and joy. This is the shot that will make me spend tens of thousands of dollars over the coming decades on LF gear and film. I have this same waterfall on 35mm provia. Looks very nice, great colors and DoF, yada yada yada. But no comparison to LF. Now I'm wondering what an 8x10 tranny would look like!
    :-)

Thanks again all, for every bit of help I've gotten from this site.
    The link is

http://www.sundownis.com/WaterfallB.html

Forgive the messyness of the site. there's tarps laying everywhere while we are under construction.
    Thanks!

Looks good Paul!

The nice thing is that (assuming you got the right exposures) each time you pick up 4x5 trannies from the lab, its like opening up a treasure chest! I hope to see you at the next VPG print night.

Darin