Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing myself

blanco_y_negro

Introducing myself

You're very welcome Daniel. This is a great forum where people are really quite helpful. I have learned a lot from the folks here over the last 4-5 years. Welcome again, and enjoy your equipment.

Introducing myself

Hi, Daniel! Welcome. I work in many formats, but LF is my first choice if feasible for any assignment. It is probably only 25% of my work, but this is the website I check every day, because the people and discussions are the most interesting. Just remember that LF photographers tend to have strong opinions!

Introducing myself

I was about 24 when I started LF in 1973. 4x5 Kodak viewmaster with an 8 1/2 in Ektar comercial, case and holders. Damn thing set me back $250.00. What I wouldn't give to know what I do now, when I was burnin all that supper-XX. You just picked up a lifelong addiction that there is no 12 step program for.

Introducing myself

Daniel, This forum is a mine of useful info. I've only been using LF for around 5 months, and only recently more than 35mm and MF as I have been slowly collecting bits of kit. Information gleaned here has stopped me from buying kit that I may have found later was not ideal. I've been using B&W both because I like it, and developing the negs myself I get quick and economical feedback from a days shooting. My first box of 10 Velvia 50 came back from processing today, taken over the last 3 months. Interestingly they were 1.5 yrs out of date, claimed to have been refridgerated before I bought them, and all are fine, well exposed, no odd colour casts. Well, except for one where I forgot to stop down after composing the image. Located here in Bucks, UK, unfortuneately a long way from most scenic areas.

Introducing myself

Great welcome, thanks all of you, very much.