Thread: Unknown Lens Marked Sinar

Unknown Lens Marked Sinar

Hello,

This lens is on eBay, and I am curious to know which of the 120mm lenses out there this one could be. No image of it without the cap on is available. The information supplied so far says in response to a question: "Here's what it says 70 Degrees 1:5.6 f=120mm Hope that helps" so can anyone out there make an educated guess as to what this is?

Thank you,

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sinar 120mm 5.6 70 degrees  A.jpg   Sinar 120mm 5.6 70 degrees B.jpg  

Re: Unknown Lens Marked Sinar

It is either a Rodenstock 120 mm Grandagon, or a 120mm SUper Angulon. Most likely the Grandagon.

Word of caution: If the lens is not in a shutter, looks like it will not be comparable with a Sinar Copal shutter.

Just ask the seller to post more images, especially of the glass... no way from the 2 pictures to tell the condition of the optics!!!

part code: 443.84.111 443 does fall in-between the lens board part codes. My Sinar catalogue does't else has a newer catalog and can ID the part?

Looks a lot like the lens/electonic shutter combo illustrated here: http://www.sinar.ch/en/category/prod...n-digital-cmv/. There's a 120/5.6 macro in that lineup (made by Rodenstock, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    It is either a Rodenstock 120 mm Grandagon, or a 120mm SUper Angulon. Most likely the Grandagon.
    There has never been a 120mm Gradagon but there was a 115 mm 6.8 Grandagon. It looks more like one of the 120 mm macro lenses from Rodenstock.

Obtained more information from the seller it is a Digital Macro lens made by Rodenstock, I think it is a current model.

Quote Originally Posted by ottluuk View Post
    Looks a lot like the lens/electonic shutter combo illustrated here: http://www.sinar.ch/en/category/prod...n-digital-cmv/. There's a 120/5.6 macro in that lineup (made by Rodenstock, I think).
    Yes, I believe this is the animal in question! A beautiful thing but its not for me!