Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightsource for VC contact printing silver ULF

Re: Lightsource for VC contact printing silver ULF

We had good luck with our strips. The USA company even answered some technical questions for us. http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/Pag...=1,43349,70322
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    We had good luck with our strips. The USA company even answered some technical questions for us. http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/Pag...=1,43349,70322
    Are you sure that's not Ken Lee Valley? Just kidding Ken Lee, in a couple images on the Lee Valley site there are vases looking kinda like something you may have imaged....

I think we need to source and use power supplies carefully. I really worry about all the stuff we keep plugging in.

Make sure your power supplies are CE (for Europe) or UL (for the States) marked - and genuinely so. That should ensure that the safety and electronic emissions from the power supply are OK.
    Fuse your output *at the power supply end* and use fused mains supplies (I don't think you have fused plugs in the States?) because the purpose of the fuse is not to protect the equipment, it's to protect the lines from overheating and causing fires.

Neil

On the "LED Wholesalers" website I found that controller to find more info but no instructions. Could you elaborate on why you chose that controller over the others and if you would choose that one again. I'm curious if you can save green and blue settings. Or maybe you are not using that function and doing separate green and blue exposures controlling the time.

I'm just guessing but does each click of the 'green arrow' or 'blue arrow' change the level the same amount. So could one use say "three clicks of green and 4 clicks of blue" to get repeatable mixed color results?

It appears that the controller remembers the last operation used by each function. I can't find any specific 'save' function. I scanned the entire User manual. Since I bought two units I got two user manuals but one was so poorly printed it was unreadable. The printed size is 3"x4" (75mmx100mm)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LED User Manual.jpg  

So could one use say "three clicks of green and 4 clicks of blue" to get repeatable mixed color results?
    Yes. I think this works. But I haven't done enough serious printing with it yet to know for sure. Each click probably does increase/descrease something a constant increment but who knows if that relates to the light output (especially considering the color difference). Because then you start talking about energy which may not be the same in terms of light.

I didn't really choose that controller. It's what came with the package I bought.

More controllers, including one with a knob for each channel: http://www.leevalley.com/us/hardware...,70322&p=70327
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know