Thread: Epson Durabrite inks compatible for digital negs?

Epson Durabrite inks compatible for digital negs?

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a newsgroup or thread dedicated to the digital negative process?

Also has anyone tried using Epson's Durabrite ink sets for creating a digital negative and how does it compare with the 2200 ink set? Is this a futile effort? Do the Ultrachrome inks work?

FYI - According to Epson the Durabrite inks are encapsulated pigmented inks except for the black which is unencapsulated and for this reason is not really meant for films such as Pictorico's HGWF. So far I have tried Dan Burkholder's 2200 HGWF silver curve with OK results with the Durabrite paper setting however it's not laying done the inks in the right density as you can't chose RPM and microweave in that setting. I have found that printing with microweave, RPM does the job but I need to create a new curve base dupon new densities tonight ;-). I will post the results asap.

Thanks,

Bob

www.bob-douglas.com

Epson Durabrite inks compatible for digital negs?

The Durabrite inks, as in the Epson C84, work fine for making digital negatives. Compared to the Ultrachrome set of the Epson 2200 the Durabrite pigmented inks produce more contrast. Kind of like a pigment ink set on steroids.

In making digital negatives with the Epson C84 and 2200 my impression is that those from the C84 are not quuite as smooth and have slighly larger grain, but the difference is small.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon