Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
Sadly, digitally scanned and printed. No prospect for a darkroom or even home-processing at this point.
Why sadly? I moved from film to digital and back again, keeping the digital part in scanning the negative. Each time You make a radical move (film to digital or vice versa) it takes a large amount of time and effort to develop your own skills. For this I decided to stick to scanning until I feel comfortable enough with creating the negative. I experienced I will never reach perfection, but feeling comfortable with a medium and changing two at once seems too much, at least to me. Printing a negative in the traditional way is an art all by itself!

As to your image: a lot of comments have been given allready, not much to add but to the composition: the foreground, to me, has a doubtfull role: not being there as a prominent foreground, nor being there as a well balanced part of the picture. Personally I would have either used the stone at the right more as an image border in combination with more grass in the foreground, or used the stone in it's full stature with less foreground: depending on the message You have to tell. Difficult to say when You haven't been at the scenery.
Most important of all: keep your passion alive by trying the huge amount of possibilities. More then enough in restricting yourself in film to the negative-part only, leaving printing to the ink-jet procedure.

Great to see You move from a D800e to film. Keep us updated in your experiences, how irrelevant they may seem to You!