Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Contact Printing Paper

Old School Wayne

New Contact Printing Paper

I didn't see this mentioned here but since its mostly of LF interest: Adox is introducing a new silver chloride contact printing paper

http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?...-paper.135244/

Re: New Contact Printing Paper

Nice to see. Look forward to results compared to Lodima and Azo - the current standard for many of us.

Me too , a timely new product for my lab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Nice to see. Look forward to results compared to Lodima and Azo - the current standard for many of us.

Sounds great but shipping is very expensive, 50 sheets 11x14 is 35 EU to USA.

"The speed is about 8 stops lower than MCC but therefore it is extremely finegrained and yields a superior resolution... "
    Is it true? I have never tried "true" contact printing materials. Does it happen with Azo or Lodima?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    You`re lucky, still cheaper in the US than in EU. I cannot get why this things have to be more expensive in the place where they are made. A mystery.

28 euros for 1000 Km from Berlin to Milan and 35 euros for 7000 km form Berlin to Chicago... really a mystery.
    I hope to find this new paper from an italian seller with a bit less mysterious shipping fee, because Adox papers are very good and this one worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by jose angel View Post
    Is it true?
    Yes and no. While a finer grained emulsion can potentially yield higher resolution, paper resolution is a moot point. What chloride contact printing papers can offer are an addition to the tonal palette we have at our disposal. They can have different curve shapes than other fixed grade materials, and can respond differently to both developers and toners (depending on how the emulsion is made).

Nice to see this exciting announcement from Adox. Lodima is a wonderful contact paper in my experience, but always nice to have additional options.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Hopefully Freestyle will carry it as they do other Adox papers and products.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Hopefully Freestyle will carry it as they do other Adox papers and products.
    That will be nice.

I bought quite a bit of the Fomalux. It really is a nice paper. I sent an e-mail to Foma a couple years back telling them how pleased I was with Fomalux paper. The response was basically, if people buy it we will keep making it.
    One thing that most people don't do anymore is to make 4x5 and medium format contact prints for display. You look at the work of Louis Hines and the original prints that have been reproduced in the literature are frequently quite small. Geo. Eastman House has his archives. I love contact prints there is nothing that equals emulsion to emulsion.(almost sounds kinda naughty)
    Problem is so much less darkroom work these days. It would be nice if the Holga craze and the Fuji Instax craze could somehow morph into amateurs making wallet and 4x5 contacts. Boy I wish some nut would make a folding postcard camera and film to go with it, sounds like a job for Elon Musk