Thread: Forte Paper???

Forte Paper???

Can anyone recommend a replacement for Forte Warmtone Glossy Paper??

Octogenarian

Forte Paper???

Mark,

Are you asking this question because Forte paper is in danger of not being manufactured anymore? Or are you merely dissatisfied with it? If for the first reason, B&H, in New York, still has some , and now is the time to stock up.

If for the second reason, Forte warmtone is going to be difficult to top, if it completely disappears from the market. You will probably need to try a few of the fiber based variable contrast glossy warmtone papers that are still being manufactured, until you find one that satisfies your vision. Then, hope that the paper you choose does not cease to be manufactured in the near future.

Forte Paper???

Try Agfa MG. It has a mild warmtone that can be accentuated by using Neutol WA and selenium toning. It has a much thinner base than Forte PWT however.

Forte Paper???

I have been using almost nothing but Forte Poly Warmtone for several years, and like it very much. I have also tried Bergger vc warmtone, like it equally well, and plan to switch to that if Forte goes South. The Bergger paper is very similar, silver rich, heavy paper base, similar printing times. I have stayed with Forte so far because it is significantly less expensive in boxes of 100 (8x10) and 50 (11x14). The prices for small quantities are similar, but Bergger is not available except in boxes of 25. The only way to buy 100 sheets of Bergger paper is to order four boxes of 25. But you would find it very similar to Forte. With Agfa, we may soon have the same problem as with Forte. I worry a little less about Bergger because it was set up as a small company to begin with, as successor to one that died. I may be delusional....

Forte Paper???

Well, as far as I know, some of Bergger's papers are originally manufactured by Forte in Hungary. If Forte papers disappear, Bergger papers will disppear, too.