Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof cameras before 1945

Re: Linhof cameras before 1945

very interesting.

On close examination of my 10x15 I can now tell you that your "46" is not the Serial number, but an internal number.
    Because my completely regular Serial cam has "29" embossed on the end of the base plate as yours (have overlooked it until now) an on the bottom of the lans stand. So this seeems to be In-factory Standard to get the right fitted parts together. The beabies were really handmade, the 1937 Katalog has some production photos that Show the craftmanship. It was no mass production...

So your camera has to have a Serial number elswehere or it has None, whicht would indicate a prototype that was not intended for sale...???
    Maybe an american soldier took it from the factory in 1945 when the conquered munich. but that is speculation!!!!

the lens does not help us, as it a 1930 Tessar with 135mm, so not original to this camera.
    Maybe the shutter, ist Serial number is on the side of the shutter below the aperture Lever...

What strikes me it that you can remove the Screen. Mine is fixed on the bottom Long side and you can clap it away but not remove..

Linhof Technika II back by xipho68, auf Flickr

6 o´clock saturday morning here in Germany... Criminal Investigation before the first coffee btw.. :-)

I looked yet again at the camera for a good 30 mintutes. No serial number anywhere to be found.

Here is a closeup of the back. It removes so you can insert a sheet film, or roll film holder. You can also slide a sheet holder between the GG and frame like a modern camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC4110.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	148661

Name:	_DSC4111.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	148662

Name:	_DSC4112.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	148663

Name:	_DSC4113.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	148664
    Signature deleted as to not offend certain people

Looks like the back of a "Standard" . maybe because it was a prototype camer or a later exchange by a owner?

strang that the camera has no serial, usually all Linhofs have one... was maybe not intended for sale...

I have what I think is a Linhof Standard 9x12cm. SN:13644 There are no back movements. Front movements include horizontal and vertical shift and you can tilt the top of the lens back. There are three positions for the bed, flat, dropped, and risen (to scheimflug a ceiling?). The ground glass holder is yet another variation; it has a hood but no hinge and needs to be removed from the camera to be able to put in a film holder. The I do not have any original film or plate holders for it. I do have 3 Agfa plate holders that are close but are a little offset in image forming area. The camera has a square Kalart range finder. The back says "Made in Germany". It came with a Jos Schneider & Co Kreuznach Xenar 15cm f3.5 D.R.P.a. in a Compur. The lens SN is 284345 and the shutter SN is 672048. I haven't seen it mentioned in the other cameras but the one I have does have a rotating back.

-Darren

nice Standard! the lens is not original, too old (1928/29)
    Yes the standard has rotating back. otherwise the sqare body would not make sense...

i think the standard is ever rarer than the technika...

Thank you for camera and photos.. There are more of them still out there than you would believe...

Nevermind

I'll have to look it over tomorrow. I don't have any cams for rangefinders I'll try to get a picture of the logo underneath the focus rack.

Anybody have a lead on 8x12 sheet holders? I only have 9x12 plate holders with a 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 insert.

I am still looking for Prewar Technika/Standard serial numbers and photos.

I am trying to bring those details together:

-Serial Number 4 digits (only know 3xxx) or 5 digits with No 1xxxx (know only five digits starting with "1")
    -red or white spirit level?
    -lens plate fixation one bar to push from the side or two clips to turn upwards?
    -4 technika knobs to fix the back: full brass or with black leather on the side?

any contributions still appreciated!

Name:	9x2 technika.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	160760

My newest Technika: A 9x12 technika II with original lens and shutter: Zeiss Jena Tessar 4,5/150 in Compur.
    Camera has scales for the Tessar 150 and for a (not included) 90mm (should be the Angulon 90)

No 15407 one fixation bar (what do aou native sppeakers call this part of the camera?)