Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CineStill 120 and maybe 4x5

Re: CineStill 120 and maybe 4x5

designing a new custom multi-format machine
    That seems unlikely - dodging patent infringements, inventing new, and besides it is very expensive.

Fyi, they aren't "making" sheet film. They will cut it up/put it in a box.
    If you want some, I suggest you order as much as you can afford since getting it cut oftrn isn't likely for this price.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Fyi, they aren't "making" sheet film. They will cut it up/put it in a box.
    If you want some, I suggest you order as much as you can afford since getting it cut oftrn isn't likely for this price.
    So do you think their statement about making a mult-format machine is just smoke? I am inclined to believe that way.

Well, they certainly aren't coating the film. Kodak does that. If you're going to charge $$$ for a roll of film "making" it sounds better than "repackaging".
    The only reason they have done any 120 thus far is because 65mm 5219 is sold to anyone with the $$. Multi-format machine used to remove remjet/cut up film, yes.

I knew indiegogo would give the money even if the goal wasn't met, but you can extend fund raising also.
    It seems 4x5 is a go, so getting stuck with 120 isn't going to happen anymore. Next goal is just $30k away form ISO 50 speed 4x5! The project has been extended 2 more weeks to try to reach this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...film/#/updates

I shot a roll of the 800T in my Konica Hexar (35mm) and was not overly impressed to be honest. I'd love the 50 daylight for 4x5, though I guess this isn't going to happen now? Anyone heard anything recent?

So today I checked my mail and found a small package...containing my 25-sheet box of Cinestill film from this campaign.

Reading the included documentation, I noticed it mentioned 800T film. I thought that the campaign had made it to the special goal to get the 50D film in large format - but apparently not? Reading through the updates again I found one that said "despite not making our stretch goal..." but the stretch goal was $190,000 - the campaign ended at just over $214,000. Confusing. I really wanted the 50D but I suppose the 800T is unique itself, so now I've gotta figure out what to shoot with it.

Anyone else get their film? What are you going to shoot with it?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I intended to shoot night shots in the city hand held with Polaroid 110 conversion but haven't had the opportunity yet. Then chanced to take some indoor portraits of a friend with a Super Graphic and 210 lens but the day was so nice we went outside. This is a sample shot on a bright day rated at ISO 400, no filter. It scanned with minimal corrections needed just some green pulling down, in fact far easier to scan than most other negative formats. I was surprised by the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 800T-SG-01upload.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

Reading the included documentation, I noticed it mentioned 800T film. I thought that the campaign had made it to the special goal to get the 50D film in large format - but apparently not? Reading through the updates again I found one that said "despite not making our stretch goal..." but the stretch goal was $190,000 - the campaign ended at just over $214,000. Confusing. I really wanted the 50D but I suppose the 800T is unique itself, so now I've gotta figure out what to shoot with it.
    Some Indiegogo campaigns allow funding after the campaign officially ends. They didn't meet their stretch goal for 50D before the 30 days ended. People adding on additional orders pushed them past the mark.

So does CineStill for large format exist or not? I can’t find it anywhere. What happened?