Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epson Perfection 2450 scanner

Epson Perfection 2450 scanner

When I shoot type 55 I get the print I want then open up 1 stop for the neg. drop the neg in the clearing solution before you even look at the print. John

There have been many good posts here about the film and the scanner, I use both of them. FWIW, my 2450 film holder for the 4x5 does not readily accept my T-55 neg's (they are just a little to wide and I wouldn't think of cutting them to size) so I have resorted to placing the holder in place and carefully laying the negative underneath the holder which keeps it flat. If there is a difference in sharpness maybe I just don't see it. But many of my friends, family and colleagues tend to comment on the sharpness. My Epson scanner came with Silverfast software which has a feature that turns the negative into a positive based on an emulsion selector. T-55 is not on the list so play with a few and see which ones suit you best. T-55 is a lot of fun to shoot.

Hello Paul - you must have heard the old saying - if all else fails, read the instructions!!!. And yes one can get great results with the 2450 - if we had your E-mail address we would send you a couple of examples. Mind you we have never used Polaroid P/N film for scanning, always used regular film (colour or B&W). We do use Polaroid to confirm everything is set "right" though, especially if many miles from home. John & Elaine.