Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted with ULF Camera Specs Database

Re: Help wanted with ULF Camera Specs Database

Leslie Stroebel's book VIEW CAMERA TECHNIQUE 7th edition has a many page table of features and specs for 6x9, 4x5, 8x10, and 11x14 (112 total) cameras. Also Comparison of lenses. Unfortunately covers only new (as of in 1999) equipment. My cameras are current Chamonixes and my "newest" lens is probably circa 1980 so pretty much none of my equipment is listed...
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Leslie Stroebel's book VIEW CAMERA TECHNIQUE 7th edition has a many page table of features and specs for 6x9, 4x5, 8x10, and 11x14 (112 total) cameras. Also Comparison of lenses. Unfortunately covers only new (as of in 1999) equipment. My cameras are current Chamonixes and my "newest" lens is probably circa 1980 so pretty much none of my equipment is listed...
    Greg
    Great - I have that book already. I'll see what we are missing. We have 62 cameras on the list now - many with partial info.

Just a reminder the edit link for the spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Re: Some suggestions on how to choose your ULF camera format.

For the table linked from your blog post:

Dick Phillips made at least five different ULF models. The ones I'm aware of are 7x17, 8x16, 11x14 Compact, 11x14 Explorer and 12x20.

You can find detailed specs for four of the Wisner ULF models (8x20 Technical, 11x14 Technical, 12x20 Technical and 20x24 Technical) in the LF Field Camera section of the old B&H Pro Photo SourceBook, which is available for free download from the B&H "Sourcebooks & Catalogs" page: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/FreeCatalog.jsp

Canham 20x24: http://canhamcameras.com/20x24.html

Re: Some suggestions on how to choose your ULF camera format.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    For the table linked from your blog post:

Dick Phillips made at least five different ULF models. The ones I'm aware of are 7x17, 8x16, 11x14 Compact, 11x14 Explorer and 12x20.

You can find detailed specs for four of the Wisner ULF models (8x20 Technical, 11x14 Technical, 12x20 Technical and 20x24 Technical) in the LF Field Camera section of the old B&H Pro Photo SourceBook, which is available for free download from the B&H "Sourcebooks & Catalogs" page: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/FreeCatalog.jsp

Canham 20x24: http://canhamcameras.com/20x24.html
    Thanks Owen. Best, Angus

Angus,

Just made a minor spelling correction to the Korona 7x17 & 8x20 listing, and added the lensboard to the 8x20 entry. Suspect the 7x17 might be the same, but I cannot confirm that model, as that is not the one I own.

The Korona 8x20 Panoramic View also has a rear tilt and swing. Are you looking for the information from the company literature, or do you want an actual measurement from the camera?

Congratulations on your efforts, it looks to be an impressive list.

Hope that helps,

Len

Metric metrics?

Not conversions, but native made.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Angus,

Just made a minor spelling correction to the Korona 7x17 & 8x20 listing, and added the lensboard to the 8x20 entry. Suspect the 7x17 might be the same, but I cannot confirm that model, as that is not the one I own.

The Korona 8x20 Panoramic View also has a rear tilt and swing. Are you looking for the information from the company literature, or do you want an actual measurement from the camera?

Congratulations on your efforts, it looks to be an impressive list.

Hope that helps,

Len
    I'm taking from the literature but there isn't much on many of these cameras so if you have observed data please provide it. Thanks

Moved my post and your response from the other thread. Sorry Angus, hadn't seen your limitation of the formats included. I hope you'll reconsider that - the "most reasonable" criterion seems arbitrary, and I suspect including larger formats wouldn't make the list much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Moved my post and your response from the other thread. Sorry Angus, hadn't seen your limitation of the formats included. I hope you'll reconsider that - the "most reasonable" criterion seems arbitrary, and I suspect including larger formats wouldn't make the list much longer.
    Ok, let's add at least 16x20 and 20x24!