Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HP Marketing...

HP Marketing...

Jorge....I think you summed it up nicely!

HP Marketing...

Jorge, You make excellent points that I agree with. Companies need to listen to their customers. I know for a fact that all photo product reps pay more attention to certain customers comments more attentively than to others and some very good ideas they just can't do anything with because of who is upstream from them or the structure of the company.

If you want to make an impression of these people, something they can show to their boss: write a real letter - not a forum post, not an e-mail, a real letter with a stamp on it and an envelope around it, and put it in the mail. That will show them or whoever they have to get the attention of that you have taken more than the minimum effort it takes to bitch on a forum.

HP Marketing...

Not to be argumentative Ellis, but do you really think that a single letter from a guy in Mexico is going to make a lot of impact at HPM management? Specially if we weight the single letter against the more than 20 responses here which cannot be taken out of context. It takes just as much effort to read all the responses and come up with a coherent response, which then can be printed by the rep than it does to write a single letter and post it.

If I was a sales rep I would rather see all the opinions both pro and con in one single venue than to receive a single letter. Besides, rarely do people write to praise or offer reasons why they are doing a good job.

WHat I really see in this thread is that almost overwhelmingly most agree that HPM's policy is a bad one, yet some like you have confused this issue with it being an attack on Bob. I also have to take into account that you make your livelyhood out of photography an as such you dont have a beef with these kind of practices. The rest of us who cannot deduct the cost of a new camera from our taxes are basically screwed. From your response it is clear you have no problem with the way HPM does bussiness, expressing the contrary opinion in this forum is not "bitching" IMO.

HP Marketing...

Jorge,

Wel it will probably get read whereas a bunch of people talking to each other on an internet forum is more likely to be thought of as just punters ranting.

HP Marketing...

Wel it will probably get read whereas a bunch of people talking to each other on an internet forum is more likely to be thought of as just punters ranting.

Given that this is not the first time a discussion like this has ocurred, you are most likely right.

HP Marketing...

jim...
    absolutely no need for apologies. in this faceless form of communication, it is at times difficult to asses ones sincerity, which can result in misunderstandings.

ellis...
    thanks for the kind words. that is really high praise coming from some one with your experience and talent. i agree that bob gets roughed up around here quite a bit - it's really a testament to him that he continues to contribute at all! it would be nice to see more reps on the forum giving straight answers to our questions. i think that would take some of the heat off bob, as there would be an equally qualified counter-point to his HPM-centric point.

scott

Re: HP Marketing...

It is a complex commercial, money invested and legal concept, perhaps akin to grey market in say, certain German cars. It costs HP or any other distributor much money to set up a dealer network, inventory of replacement parts, computerize everything, contractually promise dealers whatever protection available against grey market folks who do not share in the sizeable investment, and advertising, follow-up, and taking responsibility to use only factory parts, paying for training repair persons: cool it! Bernie Kaye, who wants a Zeiss Universal Jewel 9 x 12cm. Folding Plate Camera.

Bernard, you need to look at the dates ... this thread's last post was two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Bernard, you need to look at the dates ... this thread's last post was two years ago.
    And what has changed in the last two years? In this case, I don't see anything wrong with adding to an archived thread. It beats starting a new, duplicative one!

The good, bad and ugly

This site is heavily biased towards those reps/manufacteres that are friendly to this website. Many of you here have gone on and on slamming this company (HP)without any intervention by the powers that be.

So just remember - don't insult a company that has connections here.

I bitched about the crappy response from betterlight and got absolutley slammed by the friends, advocates, and employees of betterlight. After I was blackjacked, had my mouth sewn shut, and my shutter-finger broken, the thread was frozen shut. There was no question that I had crossed the line.

I dared to question the response from this company and was told I was spoiled, selfish and throwing my virtual weight around.

So please godfather of this site. List the companies that are clearly in and out of your favor. This thread is truly a load of crud and yet everyone who wants to cut off a piece of HP's ass is clearly encouraged.

I dont know HP and havent purchased anything from them. If you dont like their service dont buy from them.

Why is this thread in the new products category? Shouldnt this be in some unregulated space?

George