Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Marketing...

HP Marketing...

i don't want to start a huge flame-session here, i am simply looking for a complete list of brands represented by Bob and HP marketing.

HP Marketing...

See http://www.hpmarketingcorp.com/

They are all listed on the home page.

HP Marketing...

thanks, don.

all those lines, eh?

that's a real shame. i'm a huge linhof/rodenstock/heliopan fan. i'm really going to miss my TK45S and APO-Sironar-S lenses, though i doubt i'll notice any difference in arca/schneider/b+w products.

HP Marketing...

Folks,

When you exclude photographic products for any reason not photographic, you only (potentially) hurt yourself, although I certainly support voting with your dollars. And don't forget to add everything Mamiya USA too, who have very similar business practices as HP Marketing, this is including the Sekonic and Toyo brands.

Then there's the "country" boycotters, Shen Hao because they're Chinese, Arca because they're made in Besacon, France, Gitzo, French company, ....

Steve

HP Marketing...

Gitzo, French company, They are now made in italy and owned by Manfrotto --which in turn is owned by a British company.

otherwise: funny post Steve!

HP Marketing...

Steve

Voting with your wallet on issues you feel strongly about is the only way to go. Obviously when you reduce your own choices, you may be "hurting" yourself, but given the huge range of choices open to us, I really think it may just re-align preferences. Ultimately, if you feel strongly enough about an issue to resist supporting the company by buying it's products, chances are that a lot of other people will too. That can lead to change. I like a lot of HP Marketing's products, but will never buy any of them through HP Marketing's channels ever again. Almost all can be imported from elsewhere at lower prices and I personally have found sending items elsewhere for service to be no problem. Obviously, I would rather this business stayed within the country, but where the business practice is in my view, so un-American (and incidentally, I am pretty certain that HP Marketing is at mostly foreign owned as a Gepe group company), then I see no reason not to take my business elsewhere where it is valued and I am treated with courtesy and respect as a customer. Most of the products sold through HP Marketing in the US can be imported from elsewhere (legally) for considerably less. Their are some exceptions - HP Marketing is the sole owner of the Heliopan trademark in the USA. While I personally like Heliopan filter, I have found that there are lots of readily available substitues which in general seem to be cheaper, not only available on special order, frankly of the same quality (subjective opinion) and should you ever wish to sell them on a place like Ebay, you are unlikely to have any overzealous interfering with your auctions.

Mamiya America does in some ways behave in the same manner as HP Marketing with regard to "grey market" service. However, while they do own the Mamiya trademark in America (in the same manner as HP Marketing own the Heliopan trademark), they don't see that they should be cancelling every auction on Ebay which incorrectly (only in accordance with Ebay's rules - not law) uses the word Mamiya. So in this respect, they seem to be a little ahead of HP Marketing. Perhaps they see harassing their customers as being "bad for business"...

HP Marketing...

If you are going to start an open discussion, state what is on your mind. Your coy, indirect approach serves no purpose. I’ll respond to your hint, for I think we are all trying to function with dignity within a complex and disturbing situation.

If you read the thread on TK45S knobs you will see exactly where Scott is coming from. Nothing coy about it.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/501301.html

Marfelx will apparently refuse to service any Linhof camera which was not imported thru HP - even for good money and having nothing at all to do with warranty. Presumably on instructions from HP? (though it is not clear if they are actually a part of HP or not)

Folks,

When you exclude photographic products for any reason not photographic, you only (potentially) hurt yourself, although I certainly support voting with your dollars. And don't forget to add everything Mamiya USA too, who have very similar business practices as HP Marketing, Mamiya (who have had their knuckles firmly rapped over similar actions) this is including the Sekonic and Toyo brands.

On the contrary it is the monopolistic and protectionist actions of such distributors as HP which are doing the damage.

Additionally we should not forget that grey market products are legal - the camera distributors lost that battle badly a long time ago now - though they would try and persuade us otherwise.

Further, I wouldn't be suprised if the actions of HP/Marflex on this issue of refusing to service equipment constitute a restriction of trade and are hovering on the verge of legality, if not outright falling over the edge into it. If I used Linhof equipment I would certainly consider a complaint to the appropriate Federal regualtory/trade agency, which might well garner a useful response. I have seen it happen very effectively in other similar areas.

HP Marketing...

Members,

May I ask what these business practices are? I have not attempted to sell any items on ebay, but I purchase there regularly and would like to know how my purchases might be affected. I have had no problem finding ebay listings for items made by Helipoan, Rodenstock and Mamiya.

Thanks in advance,

HP Marketing...

Here are two recent examples (read right down through the threads). Do a search here and on photo.net and you will observe a pattern of behaviour.

http://largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/501301.html

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/500658.html

HP Marketing...

I have just finished reading the previous thread about Scott and HP Marketing.

Hp will reap what it sows. They are selling branded products. These products are the same whether they are sold here or abroad. Products whether purchased new or used all reflect on the brand. Products that do not work and are not supported in any fashion by their manufacturer will harm the brand and over time will diminish the brand which is the real value. Hp attitude taken towards its potential customers will also diminish the brand.

Some of the the products sold by HP cost thousands. When somebody puts out thousands, resale of this item may or should be contemplated. These tactics used by Hp will if known by a prospective purchaser will lower the purchase price if there is a purchase at all. Nobody is going to take the time to check.

Hp is in competition with other companies but also used products including its own. In these times with everybody heading toward digital, the used market is generally the most efficient method of heading into large format. New products usually would come with experimentation with used products. If you determine that one brand, not Hp does not support its used products because they were purchased legally but without a cut to their US distributor, then when the new purchase comes where are you going to buy. Obviously, Scott has made a decision.

The businesses from which I make repeat buys and talk about favorably with others are businesses that back up their products with a no questions asked policy and take pride in producing a product that does not need a lot of support. One of the problems here is that Hp is not the manufacturer and there is not the kind of pride that is needed to continue the brand forward because does not make them.

HP is just short sighted. The companies that actually own the brand names need to contacted by everyone who has had a bad experience with HP and maybe Hp's distribution contract will be just as short.