Ironing will most likely not get rid of center bubbles or wavy edges. The trick is to dry the print evenly all over.
Without a Salthill or Burke and James dryer, the best way I have found is to squeegee, air dry 15 min emulsion up, place between photo blotters which are then placed between corrigated boards. Make a stack up to 18 in high. They will dry in 24 hrs. They probably will have a curl, but no compound curves. The machines mentioned are long discontinued, but they dried the prints by blowing air thru the corrigations. 24 hr turned to 3.

One person here says he uses a flat bed and releases the canvas every few minutes to facilitate even drying. I never could get it to work.

The only other method was a 3 foot diameter drum dryer fed by a canvas apron. The darkroom at college in the 1960`s had one and it worked. They were available both electric and gas
heated.

Irons, blotter books, small drum driers, hanging by one edge , screens, are all YUCK.

The above was an answer I put up on Photo.Net yesterday.

Just like to add add, I once did the glass plate but with the variation of a boxwood mechanical drawing board. Other than the tape residue which I cut off, the results were perfect.