Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rodenstock lens data on web

Re: Rodenstock lens data on web

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Evans View Post
    Well, I certainly account for a good few of those downloads, and I'm just grateful that they heve been available at all. I'd hope, Paul, that if the bandwidth costs aren't too substantial you might continue to host the scans, or that alternatively perhaps someone else can do so - maybe even a few people, to spread the burden around? I've only just begun work on a new website, but when it's up and running I'd be happy to take a share.

But what is it with these LF lens makers? Apart from Schneider and now Cooke (who obviously don't have much of a catalogue anyway) they all seem to want to play down the fact that they make these terrific lenses at all. I just don't understand.

Thumbs up Re: Rodenstock lens data on web

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Evans View Post
    Well, I certainly account for a good few of those downloads, and I'm just grateful that they heve been available at all. I'd hope, Paul, that if the bandwidth costs aren't too substantial you might continue to host the scans, or that alternatively perhaps someone else can do so - maybe even a few people, to spread the burden around? I've only just begun work on a new website, but when it's up and running I'd be happy to take a share.

But what is it with these LF lens makers? Apart from Schneider and now Cooke (who obviously don't have much of a catalogue anyway) they all seem to want to play down the fact that they make these terrific lenses at all. I just don't understand.
    It is sad that we have this type of attitude from very small people. The info should not be lost, and perhaps a disclaimer that you are in no way assoicated with them and perhaps a link to Schneider, Zeiss, Hazz would be a nice touch.

Eric Woodbury

Paul

How about continuing to post the more relavent and hard to find data on your site. Then have links to the current data on Linos' site. And as backup, post a link to the Wayback Machine in the web archive.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Rodenstock was purchased several years ago by Linos. Linos was sold to Qioptiq a couple of years ago.

If you go to the Linos web site:

http://www.linos.com/pages/home/oem-...ab-technology/

You will find all of the data sheets on current Rodenstock lenses. Or, if you are in the USA, you can have us mail them to you. Either way is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    Paul

How about continuing to post the more relavent and hard to find data on your site. Then have links to the current data on Linos' site. And as backup, post a link to the Wayback Machine in the web archive.
    Perhaps this is the best compromise - providing interested parties with data on discontinued items would not directly promote HP Marketing sales.

Thanks, Paul. Your website is quite informative, and I really hope you could keep it up. Personally, I don't like the HP Marketing business practice at all, which is also one of the major reasons that I have not purchased any new Linhof or Rodenstock equipments imported by them. Instead, I bought my gears from Badger, MPEX, eBay and etc. I am willing to support the business of Linhof or Linos, but not HP Marketing. Take a look at those threads related to HP Marketing posted on photo.net or this Forum, I fully agree most of them are helpful and informative; However, they are too business oriented. When you say something good about Schneider lenses, usually you'll be reminded Rodenstock might be better; When you have some critiques about Linhof cameras, be careful you could be beaten up badly. Don't get me wrong, I own two Linhof cameras and nine Rodenstock lenses. I love their products, but I am not happy with their US distributor. JMHO.