Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket List of equipment

Re: Bucket List of equipment

It's been said before, but some sort of new production, extremely light weight 6 or 10 sheet holder like a Grafmatic / Kinematic, perhaps even with 8x10 size models as well, would be really nice.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Michael,
    What is the size/format of the camera you want to work with? If it's large enough a beam spliter could be arranged inside to allow exposing two sheets of film at once.Some time ago a"separation" camera existed which exposed three sheets of film simultaneously through color separation filters for litho printing. I think registration marks were included on each sheet.It's possible with a long lens to have a device similar to this attach to the back of a view camera.Just a thought....
    Don

Hey Bob,
    I still like to build stuff,what size washer are ya lookin' for.Maybe we could come up with something....
    Don

Needs to hold 34 x 44 approx sheets of fibre base paper - would have to be weighted by bottom clips and each slot wide enough for easy dipping the prints in, must be a floor model to be able to put in the prints and minimum 8 slots to allow for a good days work.

Ok get thinking my old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
    Hey Bob,
    I still like to build stuff,what size washer are ya lookin' for.Maybe we could come up with something....
    Don

For large format a replacement 5X7 ground glass to replace the one that did not survive my wife's elbow. She just might make one herself, groundglass not elbow. A few more sheaths for WP film holders.

Don't need any cameras, lenses or goats whether trained or otherwise.

I miss my pack mule.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
    Michael,
    What is the size/format of the camera you want to work with? If it's large enough a beam spliter could be arranged inside to allow exposing two sheets of film at once.Some time ago a"separation" camera existed which exposed three sheets of film simultaneously through color separation filters for litho printing. I think registration marks were included on each sheet.It's possible with a long lens to have a device similar to this attach to the back of a view camera.Just a thought....
    Don
    Hi Don - 4x5. A beam splitter/separation neg device would be too complicated and unwieldy to consider. It would probably be easier to just build some sort of registration holder. The other issue with exposing several sheets at once would be how to get different exposures simultaneously. Somewhere in the light path to the "secondary" sheet there'd have to be some way of controlling exposure with ND gels etc.

Way too complicated and cumbersome, but I appreciate the thought. Was just dreaming out loud since it was a bucket list thread. I'll likely never get to putting the idea into practice.

Michael,don't give up on your idea,really think your on to something.
    I worked with a guy once that tried something similar but a little different in that he wanted to make a montage in camera buy blocking a previously exposed area of film and exposing another image on the same film.He used this technique to ghost one image over another also.He would place small triangle shaped black pieces of film in three locations inside the camera back as close to the film holders as possible so they would cast pointed shadowed areas on the negative being exposed for later registration(a little crude but he made it work). In my career we did all this type of thing in the dark room allowing close masking and soft edges when necessary.As you say all this can be accomplished in Photoshop now(might not be as much fun though LOL!).As an aside on the beam splitter,they come with differing transmission versus reflection amounts of light which was necessary in the three color litho camera I mentioned above to allow for the cyan,magenta and yellow filter density differences.
    Anyhow give'er a shot and have some fun...
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    It's been said before, but some sort of new production, extremely light weight 6 or 10 sheet holder like a Grafmatic / Kinematic, perhaps even with 8x10 size models as well, would be really nice.
    And a thinner Polaroid-style pack film holder that doesn't cause one to jerk the camera out of place when removing it. Instant film is cool...

--Darin

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post

2. I want very simple pipette of measuring devices that can handle minuscule to large volumes and I do not want to pay an arm and leg and NO I do not want to count drops .
    Many things are possible—cost and the ability topay it is always the problem.

Having worked in a medical lab, I know that there are very simple manual pipetts that repeatably dispense micro-liter quantities of liquids. Check with Fisher or Merk.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!