Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Calumet is done for good

Re: Calumet is done for good

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dick View Post
    I wonder what happens to their intellectual/video property, like Fred Picker's DVD. Who owns it now?
    Ask C and A in NJ.

I did, nice people, it is Ritz actually. C&A always refers me to Ritz for any questions. Haven't heard from them yet.

I did, nice people, it is Ritz actually. C&A always refers me to Ritz for any questions. Haven't heard from them yet.
    No, it is C&A. They bought Ritz from the bankruptcy.

Old School Wayne

I wonder what happens to their intellectual/video property, like Fred Picker's DVD. Who owns it now?
    The rights apparently went to some fidgety, moth-eaten old guy in my town, who is burning them in his garage for 10 bucks a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    The rights apparently went to some fidgety, moth-eaten old guy in my town, who is burning them in his garage for 10 bucks a pop.
    Picker was bought by Calumet in the long gone past, Calumet had since undergone many different owners and management changes since the Picker stuff was discontinued. There is a very good chance that under those changes the Picker stuff may have simply been discarded.

As best as I can figure out, once Calumet sold their inventory, no more DVDs for sale, with no plans to burn anymore. After I contacted C&A about duplicating the DVD on a thumb drive I was directed to Ritz. Ritz told me as long as I didn't make them "en masse" they didn't have a problem with me making copies. Just wondering at this point, who or who will own the rights, waiting to hear from them now.

Just bought a bottle of Rodinal-formula developer from Central Camera -- I had asked them more than a year ago if they would carry it -- and just finished the 72nd frame on the film in my Olympus Pen FT, so time to hit the darkroom. Also have a few sheets of 4x5 to develop.

I work around the corner from Central Camera, so I try to drop in at least once a week. My fear is that I'll miss a week and they will be gone.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_feldman View Post
    Just bought a bottle of Rodinal-formula developer from Central Camera -- I had asked them more than a year ago if they would carry it -- and just finished the 72nd frame on the film in my Olympus Pen FT, so time to hit the darkroom. Also have a few sheets of 4x5 to develop.

I work around the corner from Central Camera, so I try to drop in at least once a week. My fear is that I'll miss a week and they will be gone.

Bob
    I need to go pick up some 35mm color film I dropped off Thursday. They farm it out, yet are the cheapest place I know for color film developing.