Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your ULF camera

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Show off your ULF camera

Len, here's the deal. About 10 years ago or so I made a comment on one of the forums about building a panoramic camera. I remember someone saying you could not do it without a shop full of tools. So I said the heck with you and I built the 8x20 by hand with minimal power tools. Took a long time. I found a beat up Kodak 2d and used the metal from the camera for the 820. I also found images of a Korona 820 and worked from the images to build mine. I even built the support rails from pictures I had seen. So I built mine based on their design. I put front tilt in mine.
    I love the format and the camera is light weight and solid. I'm using it more now than ever.

Jim you are tough enough, smart enough and stubborn enough to make it happen and you are an encouragement to everyone that with enough fortitude and determination anything is possible.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Jeffery, thanks for that. I never thought about it that way but maybe you are right. I just love to build with wood so it made sense to me that building my cameras was just something to do. Nothing special, I just needed bigger cameras and could not afford the ones I admired.

If you really want something you can do it. I believe it...... finally. Took a while but anything is possible so long as you put your heart and soul in it. It is why I love carbon printing so much. When I die they will probably bury me in a vat of glop!

Quote Originally Posted by vemo View Post
    Hi furgocito, the bike is a Nihola. Made in Denmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Nihola is the Rolls Royce of this kind of cargo/kid transport, but there are many competitors! Up to 100 kilos up front. The link shows Royal use in Denmark!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...openhagen.html
    Thanks Vemo and Steven for the answer, I have a rear bike trailer to haul around my 11x14. It works fine but somehow I feel the front loading cargo bike maybe more comforting being able to keep my eye on the gears at all time. Obviously it's a $100 solution Vs several thousand dollar option scenario :P

Robert

Here is the 20 x 24 I got this fall with its maker, Richard Ritter. In the words of Colin Chapman, Richard approach was to simplify and add lightness. Everything is there for reason and no other reason.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (17).jpeg 
Views:	498 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	159070

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Arthur View Post
    Attachment 158567 Trying out my Ritter 14x17.
    What a lovely looking piece of gear. I was tossing up between ritter and chamonix when choosing my 11x14. I ended up going Chinese but in the realm of my dreams if i ever get the oppurtunity to go larger i will probably go a ritter if he is still making them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alex I believe you will be pleased. The Ritter is light but sturdy, and the design and movements are a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisF View Post
    Here is the 20 x 24 I got this fall with its maker, Richard Ritter. In the words of Colin Chapman, Richard approach was to simplify and add lightness. Everything is there for reason and no other reason.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (17).jpeg 
Views:	498 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	159070
    That's real nice. What lens do you have mounted on there?

Have seen Richard's cameras up close - very nice! Very light, yet with enough mass to completely quell the vibrations of large shutters, and very smooth.

And rugged? Suggestion...go to Richard's website - find the photo of Richard standing on the middle of a suspended focus bed and answer this: could he do this with anybody else's (ULF field) camera?

Quote Originally Posted by MAubrey View Post
    That's real nice. What lens do you have mounted on there?
    That is a 30 inch red dot artar. I also have a 1210 mm Nikkor. For that lens I use a separate large tripod to support it.