Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 210

Thread: Show off your ULF camera

  1. #171

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    68

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    After trying various solutions, I finally settled down on an 11x14 conversion back attached to an Arca Swiss. The 11x14 back was from a Frica 11x14. I brought a whole camera and took the back, added an ARCA plate at the bottom. I then sliced the bellows open and inserted a leather section, which allows movement when using a wide lens. To attach it to an ARCA SWISS, I brought a T shaped RRS clamp, and an industrial angle plate to adjust the tilt movement. The result is a very rigid camera, the back is more stable than the ARCA 8x10. By inserting a micro focuser I could add focusing to the back standard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1620s.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	169831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1620ls.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	169832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1618.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	169833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1F7C16994FB68B4856DF03A5233D8B6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	169834
    Last edited by james zhou; 15-Sep-2017 at 05:34.

  2. #172

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    86

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Quote Originally Posted by james zhou View Post
    After trying various solutions, I finally settled down on an 11x14 conversion back attached to an Arca Swiss. The 11x14 back was from a Frica 11x14. I brought a whole camera and took the back, added an ARCA plate at the bottom. I then sliced the bellows open and inserted a leather section, which allows movement when using a wide lens. To attach it to an ARCA SWISS, I brought a T shaped RRS clamp, and an industrial angle plate to adjust the tilt movement. The result is a very rigid camera, the back is more stable than the ARCA 8x10. By inserting a micro focuser I could add focusing to the back standard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1620s.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	169831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1620ls.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	169832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1618.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	169833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1F7C16994FB68B4856DF03A5233D8B6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	169834
    Without getting too off topic, how was the build quality of the frica? I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of their 8x10's as the price seems really decent.

  3. #173

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Impressive build on this custom 11x14 Ritter.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 19-Sep-2017 at 21:29.

  4. #174

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    36

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Great camera. What is customized about it? What others makers did you consider? Looks new-out -of-the-box. What subjects do you plan to shoot. Enquiring minds want to know.

  5. #175

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    1,404

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Looks to be on an 8 x 10 frame thus the 24 inches of bellows in order to keep the weight down. Normally you would expect 40+ inches of Bellows in an 11 x 14 camera. Interesting that camera was supposedly sold through the classifieds

  6. #176

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisF View Post
    Great camera. What is customized about it? What others makers did you consider? Looks new-out -of-the-box. What subjects do you plan to shoot. Enquiring minds want to know.
    Yes, it is an 11x14 built on an 810 bed... hence the weight reduction. It also has several areas that were hollowed out to reduce light.

    This camera was listed here but sold through facebook, since the mods changed the rules in the sale section here this place has dried up. No more bumps so posts get lost, fast.

  7. #177

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    TA-DAH - 11x14 Vageeswari with replacement back I had made for it.. and new bellows - and sitting up front.. the front (25" f16) cell to a 8x10 Gundlach triple convertible glued into an adapter for an acme #4 shutter (with flash sync!)


  8. #178

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bellingham, WA (displaced Canadian)
    Posts
    201

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    TA-DAH - 11x14 Vageeswari with replacement back I had made for it.. and new bellows - and sitting up front.. the front (25" f16) cell to a 8x10 Gundlach triple convertible glued into an adapter for an acme #4 shutter (with flash sync!)

    That's lovely. How much extension does the bellows give you?

  9. #179

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Quote Originally Posted by MAubrey View Post
    That's lovely. How much extension does the bellows give you?
    36" maybe...plenty enough for a portrait with the 25" lens anyway

  10. #180

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    1,404

    Re: Show off your ULF camera

    Can you post a shot of the underside? Curious how you handled the tripod mount.

Similar Threads

  1. Show off your Large Format camera!
    By Sheldon N in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 3403
    Last Post: 14-Dec-2017, 03:30
  2. Show us your home made camera...
    By Nana Sousa Dias in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 718
    Last Post: 20-Nov-2017, 12:08
  3. Houston Camera Show May 21st
    By Drew Bedo in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2011, 17:43
  4. camera show and get-together
    By bigdog in forum Groups & Meetings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2010, 19:07
  5. SF Bay Area (Hayward) Camera Show 7/25/10
    By Merg Ross in forum Announcements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-Jul-2010, 08:40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •