Although I'm currently using x-ray film, I would like to fool around with some higher sensitivity film. I simply cannot afford to buy 400 ISO packs of 25 sheets for 50$ apiece. Our dollar's value has really got me down, and I've been involuntarily put on part time hours at my job.

Are there any places where I could procure large packages of film for a reasonable price per sheet? It seems like cheap American retailers are out of the question. Arista's well-priced, but Freestyle charges more than the cost of the film for shipping to Montreal. Same goes for a lot of eBay sellers.

Perhaps there are small-time Canadian dealers with great prices I am not aware of. I'm also wondering if it's possible to contact the companies that produce budget film, like Foma, and ask them if they do special orders of specific volumes. If the ratio was good, I wouldn't mind spending some of my savings on something I could throw in the freezer.

It would certainly be cheaper to do so now than when our dollar plunges to something terrible like 60 cents to the dollar.