Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to Know What Happened With These Images

Re: Need to Know What Happened With These Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post

Because your light leaks are at the lower left of the photos, they are at the upper-right of the film holder: the same place illustrated in the picture above.

Be sure to keep the film holder pressed firmly against the camera when you remove and replace the dark slide.

Even with the Sinar camera which has a spring-loaded back, it's important because slides can be stiff and we can often move them at an oblique angle.
    Kenneth has helped me in regards to light leaks with my Kodak 2D I have now put Velcro on the back and tension the back after the DDark is seated
    I battled for 18 months with this simple fix.Chauncey idea is on many lformat video's Edward Weston for one which sealed it for me!

Hi Guys,
    I'm sorry for the delay. I don't know if you guys will see this or not, but I did an evening of research, and found my problem...amateur - highly amateur.
    I was entering the films from the right side, pushing them in left. The right side of the ground glass has a lip which the film holder nestles against when inserted....from the left.
    This meant the film was ajar and was being exposed by light from the back.
    Thank you guys so much for the help.

Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by ethocmub View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm sorry for the delay. I don't know if you guys will see this or not, but I did an evening of research, and found my problem...amateur - highly amateur.
    I was entering the films from the right side, pushing them in left. The right side of the ground glass has a lip which the film holder nestles against when inserted....from the left.
    This meant the film was ajar and was being exposed by light from the back.
    Thank you guys so much for the help.

Ethan
    I think if we are honest, we've all done that at some point.

With my Ebony, the Film Holder when correctly inserted nestles in the back of the camera.

So I always give the Film Holder a light tug when inserted just to make sure its nestled in correctly.

The more precarious your position or the further you need to stretch, the less likely you are to get the Film Holder seated correctly the first time.

LF is a journey and with so many opportunities to mess up, we are all constantly learning.

Martin