Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Midwest Photo Exchange Still in Business?

Is Midwest Photo Exchange Still in Business?

For three years I've heard nothing but good things about MPEX. I can't get a rise out of them. Their website is completely disfunctional and I called today and got no answer.

What mystifies me is how can such a nebulous bunch be so highly respected by the LF community? I get really ticked off when I'm shopping for a lens and can't even look it up on the website. I had the same experience with Badger tonight. Dysfunctional website. Could not even go to the large format section.

I have never had any such problems with B&H. I've ordered at least ten items from them. NEVER a problem. Their website never goes down. I never get put on hold when I call.

Interesting. I just got right into their website. Maybe the nebulosity is elsewhere. A check of your web address and phone number.

Scott,

Old joke: Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!" Doctor: "Don't do that!"

Seriously, if someone or some business bugs you, go elsewhere, life's too short. You've complained about them and their website before, so buy from Badger or B&H. Besides, you might buy something from them I want!

You do have to frequently wait, they are a small business with a tremendous volume. For the kind of service and treatment I've received from them, I'll wait thank you. And I know because I actually go there 3-4 times a year (700 mile round trip) and have seen what it's like - amazing, but if you're wanting instant gratification and undivided attention in your shopping experience, you need to be shoppung elsewhere.

I visited their website a few hours ago and it was fine - and just checked now. Not as easy to browse as the old one, but you can do e-commerce on it so it appears. I called last Thursday without a hitch but forgot that Jim doesn't work Thursdays. Are you calling (614) 261-1264?

Steve

Got into. Yeah, I get to the first page ok. Try clicking around. At least the large format section. No go here.

Their site works fine for me.

Perhaps their web site designer has made some implemenation choices that preclude certain web browsers.

I'm using a Mac with Safari browser.

Steve,

Not asking for perfect service. I would think several weeks would be long enough to get a website to work properly. I can't even get to them through their 'contact us' button to tell them about it. Maybe their website only works for PC users.

MPEX.com website works fine for me. I paged through the LF lenses, 4x5 and 8x10 both. I'm using an older version of Mozilla, v1.7.2, FWIW.

Bruce Watson

Hmmm. I'm using a Mac with Safari, too--their site is DOA. I get the front page but nothing works after that. Looks like they have a bad programming job...

Otherwise they've been great. Jim is top notch.

--Darin

www.darinboville.com

Works fine for me; all versions of Firefox under WinXP up to the current Firefox version 1.0.1

Steve

Scott, I thought you had given up on large format. I know you put alot of weight on a company's web site. I recall your suggesting that we do business with only Schneider for lenses because of their website and boycott Rodenstock, Nikon and Fuji based simply on the web site. Maybe I'm old fashioned but if the web site doesn't work I have a telephone.