View Poll Results: How many sheets of 4x5 film do you typically processes at a time?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 or 2

11 9.57%
  • 3 or 4

35 30.43%
  • 5 or 6

40 34.78%
  • 7 or 8

3 2.61%
  • more than 8

26 22.61%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New 4x5 film processing system on Kickstarter: $47!

Re: New 4x5 film processing system on Kickstarter: $47!

I do love this process! I remember when the Travelwide kickstarter first came out. It all seemed so simple and straightforward, and everything would be ready in a few months. Then reality reared its head, but as each problem arose there was a titanic struggle, and through dedication and perseverance all obstacles (except shipping) were heroically overcome. its a metaphor for how life should be lived, and a cautionary tale for anyone.

Keep up the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by tim48v View Post
    Everyone,
    Here's a link to the update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1463260

We've also posted some sample images on Kickstarter; larger files are at: www.stearmanpress.com under the 'photo tech' page.

Tim
    Those images are not good examples. Plenty of uneven development could hide in the details or the building photos or the monotone high key images. As I have said before. The definitive test, whether color or b&w, is an evenly lit smooth wall placed on middle gray and thrown way out of focus. No agitation problems can hide in this test.
    Last edited by Kirk Gittings; 12-Jan-2016 at 18:11.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Everyone,
    Here's a link to the update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1463260

We've also posted some sample images on Kickstarter; larger files are at: www.stearmanpress.com under the 'photo tech' page.

Tim
    So - just to get this staight - you have completely departed from the original design (which was completely or almost completely untested in real life), to completely new design, which has question like: what will the lid look like, how it will be made and of what materials, will it seal? (paterson seem to not have been able to figure that one out over 30 years), will it work and how totally in air (though your engineers are leaning towards a kitchen ware lid..???)?

I am not sure i am following, and how the 60K so far raised for the original concept will tie in to this new one.

Im still waiting to see those chrome tests and learning about how time and temperature/agitation is maintained consistently.

I'm somewhat surprised that so much money has been pledged with the design so up in the air. I do think that the fellow is earnestly trying to respond to the customer base. . I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Mike

There have been some concerns about uniform development. (I shoot mainly E6 transparencies and haven't seen a problem but that doesn't mean much.)

Obviously there are too many combinations for us to empirically test every possibility. So here's the question: What combination of film/developer is the "worst case?"
    I imagine film with double-sided emulsion, e.g., x-ray film, regardless of developer, would be challenging.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised that so much money has been pledged with the design so up in the air. I do think that the fellow is earnestly trying to respond to the customer base. . I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Mike
    We here at LFF have firmly established that large format photographers generally have a lot of disposable income. YMMV, as mine does. I'd love to contribute but can't afford the risk and I'm not sure it will help me with economical development of color.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

After checking the latest report one must come to the conclusion this system is very solid.....
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

I just looked at the latest update as of March 6th. Looks pretty darn good. I'm not sure I would use for day to day work in my darkroom but in the field to check exposure or to check lighting, a couple 500mL bottles and a changing bag. I may pick one up

The first production run of SP-445s is finished, boxed up and on its way to the distribution center in Hong Kong.

In fact, we messed up and sent a few too many. Thus, we're having a warehouse sale (I know, it sounds cheesy but we don't want to have to air freight the units to the USA if we don't have to.) Visit shop.stearmanpress.com for details.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-445 w holders.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	153372

Just bought one. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks, Rob.