Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ULF for WPC

Re: ULF for WPC

Key difference between an old camera from 80-100 years ago and a new one is the max bellows and whether the camera will go portrait & landscape orientation. Chamonix cameras are great in ULF although not super light. Ritter cameras are super light but will vibrate with wind. The Gebillini looks very interesting...

I ended up going with the Chamonix 11x14. Seemed like the right choice. Any larger camera from here for me will probably be a Black Art Woodcraft or similar affordable tailboard design.

Gibellini camera looks interesting, and he seemed very eager to make a sale with me flexing his price a little but I think for what I want it for it is a little out of my price range, although I'm sure they are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    I ended up going with the Chamonix 11x14. Seemed like the right choice. Any larger camera from here for me will probably be a Black Art Woodcraft or similar affordable tailboard design.

Gibellini camera looks interesting, and he seemed very eager to make a sale with me flexing his price a little but I think for what I want it for it is a little out of my price range, although I'm sure they are amazing.
    Wise choice. Gibellini look nice but functionally I doubt they are an improvement over the Chamonix.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Wise choice. Gibellini look nice but functionally I doubt they are an improvement over the Chamonix.
    I have seen a Gibellini 8x10 in real life. If the Chamonix 11x14 is built like the Chamonix 4x5 then it is much more better than the Gibellini in built and price.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    ... Gibellini look nice but functionally I doubt they are an improvement over the Chamonix.
    At the very least, Chamonix View Cameras are a 'Known Entity' and have a pretty good track record...
    Whereas, the Gibellini Cameras could possibly just be -- "Here today, gone tomorrow".