Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Color Darkroom Set Up and Fujimoto CP-51

Re: Color Darkroom Set Up and Fujimoto CP-51

I stand corrected, there is a stabilizer for RA-4. I was unaware of that. Normal wash calls for 1:30, not just 30-45 seconds. Stabilizer calls for a fairly large amount of flow in place of the wash, approx 1L/min from what I read, if using a single tank. So it would still need to circulate quite a bit.

Bob

You are right Ed. 45 seconds per bath (which shows how long it's been since I ran mine) and stabilizer module has two baths just like the main body so 1:30 for the two baths. Never having seen a SD module I didn't realize until I read the manual that it has the same circulating tubes that the main body has so I'm not sure how it deals with replenishment without having some connection between the two baths, which might negate the need for the gray tube that joins the two wash baths in the WD version. It might even allow you to use the replenisher tube as your clean water source, but again I'm not sure how they connect.

Maybe liweiping can say if the baths seem to connect when it fills with fluid going into one side filling both or if they require independent filling. If so the gray tube at the top is irrelevant.

Obviously the easy way would be to just use the stabilizer since he can get it.

I have the -51 with the W/D module so can examine it if need be. I believe it also has the 2 baths. As far as replenishment, there is a chart for it (how much per sqft of material, etc.) -it's fairly high compared to the other parts of the RA4 process, something like 4-5x more, a I recall. I think the CP51 has built-in replenishment pumps , at least for the main unit. I would think if there is a replenishment tube, it would probably stand to reason it could be used as a pressurized (how much?) water source for running it as a W/D unit.

From the research I did, I think the stabilizer for RA4 is not considered as archival as a real regular wash, at least according to PE (Ron). Also, you would need a lot of it - the replenishment rate is pretty high, and those tanks hold 6L each.

Quote Originally Posted by RPNugent View Post
    You are right Ed. 45 seconds per bath (which shows how long it's been since I ran mine) and stabilizer module has two baths just like the main body so 1:30 for the two baths. Never having seen a SD module I didn't realize until I read the manual that it has the same circulating tubes that the main body has so I'm not sure how it deals with replenishment without having some connection between the two baths, which might negate the need for the gray tube that joins the two wash baths in the WD version. It might even allow you to use the replenisher tube as your clean water source, but again I'm not sure how they connect.

Maybe liweiping can say if the baths seem to connect when it fills with fluid going into one side filling both or if they require independent filling. If so the gray tube at the top is irrelevant.

Obviously the easy way would be to just use the stabilizer since he can get it.
    I'm going to try adding an intake pipe to make SD to WD, so I can use two ways to wash, and test which of these two options is better, but what is the basis for judging? Can you give me an instruction manual for your CP51? My email is liweiping79@gmail.com.

Bob

I'll try to scan the manual this week. It's a lot of pages so will take a bit of time.

Thumbs up Re: Color Darkroom Set Up and Fujimoto CP-51

Quote Originally Posted by RPNugent View Post
    I'll try to scan the manual this week. It's a lot of pages so will take a bit of time.
    thanks for your help

I posted it here:

http://www.edsawyer.com/lens/Fujimot...ers_manual.pdf

not sure how long I will leave it there, but for a while at least.

as for basis for judging wash vs. stabilizer - not easily done, since the issue would be long-term degradation or storage, which won't show up for a while.

-Ed

Bob

Ed has posted the Main Body manual section. I will email you a pdf of the WD and SD instructions section.

I have other docs I can post too, maintenance and cleaning recommendations, etc. There's a service manual for it somewhere, but I don't think I have it offhand. I might have the CP-31 service manual though.

Concerning the stabilizer/wash question, I have a Beseler unit with 4 baths. The 4th one the running water rinse, but I want to run a stabilizer. I end up splitting the difference, a short water rinse (3) and then a run though the stabilizer (4). Works okay so far, though it will be years before I see if there is a problem.