Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Filmomat" prototype roll/sheet film processor

Re: "Filmomat" prototype roll/sheet film processor

Not that it matters, but the website says it was last updated in 2011, so he might actually be 22 or 23. Smart kid, it's good to see younger generations still learning about electronics and techie stuff. Most of the students I teach (who are around 20) don't know how to even burn a CD or do basic computer stuff, much less build something like this.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Just received this email. I am posting it in case anyone here is interested, as he welcomes sharing this. Please note this does not involve me. You can contact Lukas at filmomat@gmx.de

Hello everybody,

I’m happy to say that there are some news regarding the Filmomat!

First of all, the majority of the software issues are fixed by this time. Unfortunately, it turned out that there were some wrong calculations with the memory of the main controller. Because of this, the storage capacity of the machine is limited to 20 processes, not 50 as I mentioned initially.

During the last weeks I talked to Jürgen Heiland from http://www.heilandelectronic.de. They are specialized on developing electronics for analogue photography and I’m glad to say that we will cooperate on bringing the Filmomat to the market!

In January, we will start producing a first small pilot-series, which will only involve 5 machines. The aim of this small series is to determine the exact amount of work needed, and to spot if there are any problems regarding batch-production. The price for this first five machines will remain at 2000,00€ and they will be sold primarily within Europe. This has the simple reason that we can easily take back and fix the machines in case there are any major problems coming up. Of course I hope that this won’t be necessary at all.

Once this 5 machines are a little more established and all possible problems are solved, we will start producing a larger series and get down to overseas-shipping, too. Unfortunately, we most likely won’t be able to maintain the price at 2000€ then. Indeed, the material costs go down when it comes to batch-production, but as every machine is manufactured by hand, there are many other expenses to take in account. Nevertheless, the price will still be far below 3000€.

For the present, we will concentrate on the first 5 machines, though. This is where we need your help!
    Because of the high costs for materials, we can’t just manufacture 5 machines in advance. In fact, we need a prepayment in the amount of the material costs, which is 1000€. Once we received this payment, we can order the materials and build the machine. We will start early in January with ordering the materials and estimated a total of two months until the machines are ready for shipping.

At the moment, we already have pledges for two of the five machines. If you are located in Europe, interested in purchasing a Filmomat and willing to make the 2-month-prepayment, please let me know (First come, first served ;-) ). You will then receive an advance-invoice from Heiland-Electronic later this year, or early in January.
    Dependent on the demand and the course of the first production period, we may start another Mini-series after this first one, before going into real serial-production. We will see when it’s nearer the time.

Feel free to share these news with everyone who is interested in this project.

It only remains for me to wish you happy holidays, merry christmas and a happy new year!

Kind regards,

Lukas Fritz
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Good for them.

I wish them all success!
    Tin Can

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Yes good news. Heiland is very competent. They will make it right. Bad i have not the money, time etc.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch