Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KEH has been picked over?

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: KEH has been picked over?

I have noticed that there LF lens selection hasn't been all that great for a while, I have always enjoyed KEH because they are only about an hour and a half away and shipping is always next day
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

As my budget gets more flexible, I paid off both my children's loans, the more sparse the desired inventory appears. Of course there are fewer and fewer lenses that I would like to buy as I add to my assortment.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

As a side note, I would 100% recommend their repair services. They offer very reasonable flat rates. Sent in a Sinar Copal shutter and got it back in 1-2 weeks, once again working fine and now with their 6 month warrantee. By the way, I use the Sinar shutter on my Chamonix. None of the lenses that I have are mounted on DB boards so can't be mounted on the front of the shutter because of the 2 pins sticking out. Solution was to make a simple adapter that enabled me to mount the Sinar shutter onto the front standard in reverse position... 2 pins on the inside of the camera and normal non-DB Sinar boards now work fine.

Greg

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    As a side note, I would 100% recommend their repair services. They offer very reasonable flat rates. Sent in a Sinar Copal shutter and got it back in 1-2 weeks, once again working fine and now with their 6 month warrantee. By the way, I use the Sinar shutter on my Chamonix. None of the lenses that I have are mounted on DB boards so can't be mounted on the front of the shutter because of the 2 pins sticking out. Solution was to make a simple adapter that enabled me to mount the Sinar shutter onto the front standard in reverse position... 2 pins on the inside of the camera and normal non-DB Sinar boards now work fine.

Greg
    would have to agree on there repair service I have had a couple of things repaired by them, afterwards worked perfectly and very reasonable rates
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

When I go to the camera shows, the KEH buyer is very busy & buying like crazy!
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Keep in mind, they save some things for their eBay store... to get the fullest picture, check out their eBay selection as well as keh.com!

Quote Originally Posted by dsphotog View Post
    When I go to the camera shows, the KEH buyer is very busy & buying like crazy!
    I haven't seen the buyer up in Canada at the last bunch of camera shows I've been to.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Recently my credit card has been picked over by KEH.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    FWIW, they just had a Thanksgiving / Black Friday sale with 50% off accessories, 30% off lenses, and 20% off cameras. Plus free shipping.
    Beware: they've gotten into the habit of jacking up prices on many items just before their big sales, so the actual savings aren't always what the headlines would imply. Some items still end up being good or even very good deals, but you can't assume anything just because of the headline discount - you need to go in with a good sense of current market on your items of interest in order to know which ones really are good values.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    because of the 2 pins sticking out.

Greg
    I snapped those pins off with a pair of needlenose pliers on mine..I was never gonna use the aperture deal anyway