Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free 8x10 Eastman!

Free 8x10 Eastman!

sean yates? our sean yates? honest?

oh please!

me

p.s. not to mention he has more masterviews than that swamp ape clyde butcher.

p.p.s. i vote for randy. he's in my town and i like the cut of his giblets. but yer not counting my vote is ya?

Free 8x10 Eastman!

I need to pay the bills. So I am off on a couple of out of town commercial shoots for a little while. I will wrap this up when I get back.
    Thanks all,
    Kirk
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Free 8x10 Eastman!

I don’t have a large format camera at all. I hope to get one someday, but it won’t be financially feasible for several years. My husband went back to school after the demise of the small family farm in the rural Midwest, and has accumulated a heavy load of tuition debt that will take several years of continuing to live modestly in order to pay off. The Eastman would let me get started making contact prints with negatives bigger than those my 35mm can produce. I’d like to take large format portraits of people in their natural settings, beginning with my 80-year-old father-in-law on his farm—he can tell a story about every tree and stone on the place. I wish I would have started ten years ago.

I’ve loved photography all of my life, but I began looking into large format earnestly a year ago when I stumbled across an article on contact printing with amidol and azo and was immediately smitten. I found this site soon after and became a daily visitor. I feel fortunate to have learned so much before I’ve even begun. Once I get a camera I hope to quickly overcome my lack of large format experience with patient and determined practice, a voracious appetite for learning, and a notebook full of ideas of photographs to make.

Free 8x10 Eastman!

Kirk, What a noble act. Now you've inspired me to dig out the durst 35mm enlarger and donate it to a deserving photography program at a local school. I'm sure it would be of more use than collecting dust here.

Free 8x10 Eastman!

Kirk, I am a Senior, Youth Ministry major at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, AR. I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams throughout my life, that includes being raised by a photographer dad who also shared in that experienc with his own father.

When I graduate in May, I am moving to Alamosa, CO, where I will be going on staff with Str8way Ministry, a Christian organization who leads short term mission trips all around the world to work with disadvantaged youth. As with many Missions organization, there is not enough budget to cover a salary and I am expected to raise my own support. Where ever I go, I will always have a camera by my side and my dream is to be able to support what ever ministry that I am a part of with photography. Along with that, and more importantly, I hope to bring back images that will touch the hearts of those people who are unable to travel with us and see it with their own eyes. I believe that this camera would allow me to do just that.

This is an amazing thing that you are doing and I pray that the camera ends up in the most deserving hands. God bless.

Cheers,

Free 8x10 Eastman!

While I would love to have this camera I can not claim to be particularly deserving. You see, having been unemployed for an extended period of time, I am still clawing my way out of debt and would be unable to purchase even the lens and accesories needed. Thus it would not get the amount of use that it deserves.

My interest is in doing Cyanotypes so 8x10 is an ideal format but alas even a free camera would be too expensive right now. :-{

What you are doing is very noble and I hope you find the right recipient.

mike

Free 8x10 Eastman!

This will be (in case you'll find that this is the most deserving cause, not person!) the first 8x10 camera in Bulgaria, I think! So far I'm a MF shutter, but this is only because I didn't found enough means to go up! If I decide to go bigger I must buy everything, starting from camera and lens and stopping with the film, from abroad. No commercial labs for developing or printing from such a media, no local second hand equipment market, nothing! This is what I call adventure….or I can wait for my kids to grow up and to buy one for me …. Do you think that after 15 years or so will be still 8x10 film available………?

I’m kidding…..., but I REALY DO PLAN TO GO BIGGER!

Best regards from the end of the world …. from my point of view!
    Full with mission!

Free 8x10 Eastman!

Greetings All,

Hail! and Well MeT!

I am the humble, and I do mean humble, recipient of the largess of Mr. Gittings and Mr. Brewster and the concern and consideration of Dr. Mitch.

Yesterday when I arrived home from a hard day at the salt mines, there was a large Fed Ex box sitting on the porch. After I recovered from the hyperventilation, I managed to prise the contents loose from the bubblewrap and peanuts and I must say I am MUCH taken aback and astounded.

Youz are a SWELL buncha Guys and Gals! I am truly touched and I shall endeavor to use this baby and the lenses therewith to good effect and make images worthy of your charity. MUCH THANKS !!!

Trib, move your gnarly backside over, I've been off the porch too long and now that I'm back I need a place to sit.

Sean Yates
    Liberty, IN
    divested of Master Views but One Commercial B to the Good!

Free 8x10 Eastman!

Sean jumped the gun a little bit here, but no harm done. I will put together an anouncement soon. I am in the middle of my buiggest deadline of the year!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Free 8x10 Eastman!

I would like to add my voice to the swelling crescendo of praise for Sean Yates. Sean was never sparing of his time or patience when dealing with people's queries. A few years ago Sean gave up his beloved Koday Masterview; which would be the equivalent of you or I sharing a kidney for a transplant. He seemed forlorn and in the dumps (so far as to even dabble in digital) but now I detect from his reply a glimmer of hope. Sean will no doubt be singing the old "I once was blind, but now I see" when he slaps on Kerry Thalmann's gift 12" f4.5 Eastman Kodak Anastigmat in a fully-functional Compound shutter. This story warms the cockles of one's heart. (Where are the cockles anyway?).